Fall 2012 Questions

<p>Hi! I just have a few questions. How long does it take the first half of Bama’s application to process. I was really confused because I’ve looked at the applications for other schools I’m applying to and they ask in depth questions about extracurricular and volunteer work and Bama only asked for the basics. Is it like a preliminary application?</p>

<p>Bama does not have a preliminary application for admissions, just the one online application. When you apply for either scholarships or the Honors College, you will provide more detail including a resume, I can’t remember which asked for it though. Anyone remember?</p>

<p>The scholarship application includes a resume. I don’t know about the honors college because we haven’t seen it yet (since D hasn’t yet been accepted).</p>

<p>Bama’s app is simple because Bama admits by objective data…gpa…sat…act…curriculum.</p>

<p>First time poster here. Maryland resident. Son is hoping to enroll in Fall 2012 as a Presidential Scholar. Alabama was not even on the remotest fringe of our radar screen until we came to CC and started learning about the school. Mom2CollegeKids, you have been amazingly helpful. Our family is getting more excited about Alabama every day. I have one question at this point. Are essays required for the application? I cannot seem to find that information anywhere. My son is planning to complete his application in the very near future. Any help regarding understanding the various applications will be helpful. Thank you. Roll Tide.</p>

<p>xcitfan…ME TOO, and also from Maryland. What part are you from?</p>

<p>*I have one question at this point. Are essays required for the application? I cannot seem to find that information anywhere. My son is planning to complete his application in the very near future. Any help regarding understanding the various applications will be helpful. Thank you. Roll Tide. *</p>

<p>Welcome!!</p>

<p>Another Marylander! (Please also post in our Roll Call Thread! )</p>

<p>No essays are req’t on the app. Bama admits by stats.</p>

<p>The scholarship app is easy. It’s a formality for the Presidential, but must be filled out.</p>

<p>The only essays are on the Honors College app. For UHP and IHP, the essays are just one paragraph introductions about the student…they’re just a formality.</p>

<p>For CBH and UFE, the essays are important.</p>

<p>Have you visited Bama?</p>

<p>If not, and you’re planning a visit, do this…</p>

<p>set up a campus tour time online…try for the early morning one.
[Campus</a> Visits - Undergraduate Admissions - The University of Alabama](<a href=“http://gobama.ua.edu/visits/]Campus”>Visit)</p>

<p>send an email to Allison Verhine in the Honors College </p>

<p>In the email, include:</p>

<p>tour time and date
student name & contact info
test scores and GPA
(if a likely NMF, indicate so)
intended major
professional interests (pre-med, pre-law, pre-dental, etc)
interest in Computer Based Honors program and/or University Fellows Program (if desired)
Also, include any thing else that interests you about the school…such as touring the new Science and Engineering Complex and Shelby Hall. </p>

<p>Allison will arrange the rest of the day…meeting with dept heads, honors faculty, touring honors dorms, etc.</p>

<p>Allison Verhine - Honor College Recruitment Coordinator
269 Nott Hall
205-348-5534
<a href=“mailto:allison.verhine@ua.edu”>allison.verhine@ua.edu</a></p>

<p>Tell Allison that I told you to contact her. </p>

<p>Here’s a little video that gives you a look at Bama’s College of Arts and Sciences.</p>

<p>[‪The</a> University of Alabama College of Arts & Sciences "This is How College is Meant to Be"‬‏ - YouTube](<a href=“- YouTube”>- YouTube)</p>

<p>(The Honors College is making a video, too.)</p>

<p>vlines,
Always good to run into another Marylander. My son attends Montgomery Blair HS in Silver Spring. What part of the Old Line State are you from?
xcitfan</p>

<p>xcitfan- Up in Pasadena. Nice to see others from around here applying!</p>

<p>mom2collegekids,
Thanks for the greetings. You threw a lot of acronyms my way (UHP, IHP, CBH and UFE); is there a quick glossary somewhere online?
Regards,
xcitfan</p>

<p>lol…sorry…</p>

<p>Info about Honors College
<a href=“http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/university-alabama/804961-honors-colleges-4-different-programs-app-process.html?highlight=honors[/url]”>http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/university-alabama/804961-honors-colleges-4-different-programs-app-process.html?highlight=honors&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>Thanks, mom2collegekids! Your contributions to this website are literally transforming lives.</p>

<p>^^^^</p>

<p>Glad to help!</p>

<p>:)</p>

<p>M2CK,
Thanks! We just applied online and contact Allison as you suggested. My son hates the idea of now having to wait for 13 months before starting! P.S., I also sent you an email.
Craig</p>