Fall 2013 Application ?!

<p>Yesterday morning, my DD called me when I was out running errands extremely excited - the Bama 2013 application is out! DW and I arrive back home and sure enough, the application has “radio buttons” for several terms - including Fall 2013. So DD submits her application with the designated term as Fall 2013 - both DW and I saw this since we proof read the app. A little later she logs back in to try and print off a copy of the app and the system says she applied for Fall 2012!</p>

<p>DD immediately called the office of admissions. DD said she talked with someone, but said it probably was a student. The person was very nice, but said that the 2013 app wouldn’t be out for a couple weeks and had no idea why the form said Fall 2013 or what happened to DD. They took the information and will have a counselor call DD on Monday to figure this out. </p>

<p>I’m sure this will all be resolved, but I’m posting this so anyone else with eager students doesn’t run into the same problem!</p>

<p>Welcome Chicagobear and Chicagocub! :slight_smile: Wow! Your D is really on the ball. What is she planning on studying in college?</p>

<p>Cuttlefish- DD is going to be premed but she doesn’t want to major in biology. It looks like her major will be exercise science/ kinesiology. She was introduced to that major during our Honors College visit and seems to like it. We told Allison we were interested in a non-biology science-related major and she arranged for her to talk with a kinesiology professor. </p>

<p>We have been so impressed with Bama and everyone we have dealt with. UA wasn’t even on a radar until a big college fair last fall in downtown Chicago. But after a prospective student night for Chicagoarea families in October, a trip to University Days in February and a follow-up Honors College visit in April it has zoomed to the top of the list. DD, DW and I all think the university is a great fit - the Presidential scholarship is a bonus!</p>

<p>Hey chicagobear! I filled out my online application today for 2013, so i think they may have fixed it</p>

<p>Sent from my MB865 using CC</p>

<p>DD is anxiously awaiting feedback from ChicagoCub!!!</p>

<p>If it is a “go” - she’s goin’ !!!</p>

<p>You can apply now and send your SAT results later, right? She doesn’t get the results from the June 2 SAT until June 21, so won’t know whether to send the first set or the results from the second try…</p>

<p>Can’t wait to hear.</p>

<p>wow, if it is available now, it is available early this year!</p>

<p>welcome and good luck to everyone applying!</p>

<p>I will post an update once ChicagoCub hears from admissions. If she doesn’t hear this morning, she will call them again this afternoon. I let her know that others on CC are interested in the resolution!</p>

<p>Good luck to your ChicagoCub!! Yes, the Presidential scholarship is fabulous. Congrats to your D. I hope she enjoys her major.</p>

<p>Sounds like you had many wonderful visits to Bama. It does feel like home. My D is a rising sophomore at Bama. She just can’t wait to start her classes in the fall. </p>

<p>Roll Tide!!</p>

<p>Do Not Apply for Fall 2013 yet.</p>

<p>DD talked with an admissions counselor and was advised to send an email to “withdraw” the application. I have a call in to an Assistant Director to try and get a refund of the application fee and discuss this issue.</p>

<p>As my mother would have said “Oh my, it’s always something!”</p>

<p>At least we know that sometime in the next weeks the application will INTENTIONALLY go active, lol.</p>

<p>THANK YOU, ChicagoBear and Cub for alerting us to this. I am sure the good folks at 'BAMA will get this bump in the road smoothed out for you, and our kids will meet at a Bama Bound next summer! </p>

<p>Roll Tide!!!</p>

<p>Had a nice conversation with one of the assistant directors. Luckily, DD’s situation has been successfully resolved. The school was interested to hear that 2013 was on the on-line app. As far as admissions is concerned, the fall 2013 entrance date definitely should not be listed there yet! I wonder if something in the test environment got copied to production? Well, I guess we need to wait a few more weeks.</p>

<p>Do we know if it’s alright to submit Fall 2013 applications yet?</p>

<p>During my conversations with admissions they wouldn’t commit to a specific date but implied that the new application should be available around the first week of July +/-. So not too much longer.</p>

<p>Thank you!</p>

<p>Has anyone heard if anyone has received their acceptance yet?</p>

<p>Somebody on the Class of 2013 thread posted that their child heard from UA Huntsville today…</p>

<p>ChicagoBear (and other Chicago area families) - if you are on Facebook, there are two parent groups of UA students plus a group called Chicago Area University of Alabama Alumni Association. The latter welcomes parents and has information on area events and viewing parties. Feel free to join - linking to those groups is not allowed on here but Google should get you there.</p>

<p>lisa6191: DS got the acceptance letter from UA/Huntsville today. Thought it was the usual college mailings and was surprise to see the acceptance letter inside. Turn around time was about 2 weeks. Our guidance dept. is open during the summer so he was able to have them send out transcripts to all the rolling admission schools.</p>

<p>Class2012Mom - thanks for the Facebook information! I will lookup the groups.</p>

<p>Congrats on the letter! I wonder if it’s the same for the Tuscaloosa campus? Does anyone know if the decisions are made at the same place? Thanks in advance.</p>