Fall 2013 Decisions

<p>@nicstric8 - on what date did you send in your completed app?</p>

<p>anyone hear from MN??? Getting anxious… app was considered done 10/19</p>

<p>Everything with my app was completed by 10/2 and i’m still waiting. I did send an e-mail to my admissions counselor about adding new info/changes to an application after it is already “being reviewed,” and if I should let her know at that point. I’ll let you guys know when she responds with that.</p>

<p>Parent of student admitted last year – my advice – focus on your senior year, and the decision will come when it comes. </p>

<p>My son waited 4-6 weeks from when his application showed completed. The decision thread from last year showed many students waited 4-8 weeks after the application was marked complete and under review.</p>

<p>Don’t make yourself crazy checking every day.</p>

<p>accepted! Minnesota, 27 ACT, 40+ college credits not including next semester, ECs up the wazoo, boss-ass recommendation and an awesome essay. everything in before 10/17, status changed like 10/21, got my email today. good luck all! Go Badgers!</p>

<p>It seems as if they released their first batch of Minnesota decisions last night around 6 or 7 as many of my friends heard back as well.</p>

<p>I was accepted with a 34 ACT, 4.35 W GPA (3.95 UW), two very strong teacher recommendations, and a few leadership roles in my extra curriculars.</p>

<p>My counselor is Katie Sankey.</p>

<p>From Minnesota and got accepted last night! 26 ACT, 4.0 GPA, Dance teacher as well as many other ECs. I think they sent the first MN decisions two weeks ago since they sent the other high school in my city’s decisions then. Do they do it alphabetically?</p>

<p>My counselor is Patrick Ellestad.</p>

<p>Last night a good amount of people from my school were accepted and I applied before a couple of them and still have not gotten a decision<br>
Does anyone know why that is? Or has this happened to anyone else? Really hoping to get into uw madison !!</p>

<p>Has anyone heard yet from NJ? If so, when did you apply?</p>

<p>I am from nj and people from my hs applied end of October and got in however I applied before some of them and still have not gotten a decision</p>

<p>@volleygirl: Nobody likes the answer, but there’s no such thing as first in/first out. It could be as complicated as the Admissions Counselor wasn’t as convinced about your app as others that were accepted, or it could be as simple as your app was deeper in the pile than others. The toughest thing to accept during this process is that at schools with rolling admissions, you will make yourself crazy trying to find patterns or trying to understand timing.</p>

<p>@billywesty – is it possible the admission counselor didn’t do all of the apps from my school at once? and will do some from another place he is the counselor for and then come back to my school??</p>

<p>OOS (NJ)
4.27 GPA
Pretty good ECs and (I think) good recs.
Got accepted Friday night! I know of one or two people who got in a few weeks ago, but five or six people from my town got in on friday.
good luck!</p>

<p>Yes, for my school last year, people heard in waves, not everyone at the same time. You’re probably not the only one from your school that hasn’t heard, even if several have. As I tried to say, don’t try to figure a pattern…cause you’ll go crazy.</p>

<p>Good Luck!</p>

<p>Thank you. That makes me feel a lot better uw madison is my first choice school and would love to attend !! Fingers crossed</p>

<p>Congrats volleyball51!!! Are you planning to enroll?</p>

<p>My status just changed to: “Your application is being reviewed by one of our admission counselors.”</p>

<p>They previously had not received my transcript.</p>

<p>How long do you think it will take for a decision?</p>

<p>Could be a while…S has been stuck there for about a month now.</p>

<p>At this point, likely sometime in January given holidays, etc.</p>

<p>Congrats, accepted Badgers! Have you received anything in the mail regarding your acceptance–especially some lit with pictures of current happy Badgers engaged in happy and productive Badger activities? I ask because my daughter, a current sophomore, was wrangled into a photo session. She was told it was for the materials to be sent out to this year’s accepted students. She hasn’t tried to track down the results, but her old man would get a charge out of seeing such material.</p>

<p>BTW, accepted Badgers, you are very fortunate. Badger students seem to rank very high on the happiness with their college scale. And good luck to those waiting for decisions. It’s tough.</p>