Fall 2013 Formal Sorority Recruitment Schedule

<p>I just found this on the UA Panhellenic site:</p>

<p>The 2013 recruitment schedule will be as follows:
Thursday, August 8 & Friday, August 9: Residence Hall “Early Move-In”
Friday, August 9: Convocation (7:00 p.m. Coleman Coliseum)
Saturday, August 10: Open House Day 1
Sunday, August 11: Open House Day 2
Monday, August 12: Philanthropy Day 1
Tuesday, August 13: Philanthropy Day 2
Wednesday, August 14: Skit Day 1
Thursday, August 15: Skit Day 2
Friday, August 16: Preference Day
Saturday, August 17: Bid Day 10:00 am (tentative)</p>

<p>Registration for Formal Recruitment begins MAY 1 !!!</p>

<p>Thanks for the heads up. Printing that out now and putting it in the calendar.</p>

<p>I would suggest going ahead and making any hotel reservations that you will need for early move-in and Bid Day if you plan to come for that. The hotels will get full. Since we don’t know if D will have move-in on the 8th or 9th, I booked both to be sure we had a room, and will cancel what we don’t need as son as we have her move-in time.</p>

<p>Should we parents/moms be there for Bid Day? </p>

<p>I’ve booked rooms so far for Bama Bound, Move-In, football weekend we plan to attend. Think I’m good so far, whew!</p>

<p>Bid Day is MUST!!! It’s like nothing you have experienced before :). Pm me I will give you my phone # and I would be happy to walk you through Bid Day!!!</p>

<p>Bid Day is a big deal but I am sure that all parents from OOS can’t be there…</p>

<p>What is the parking situation for Bid Day? If we stay somewhere off campus / not within walking distance of BDS / Sorority Row, where will we be allowed to park? Will shuttles run? Any other info is greatly appreciated.</p>

<p>Sorority row will be blocked off…you will have to walk in. I would suggest parking on a side street off Bear Bryant or by the cemetery (by Rama Jamas)…not sure what the parking garage situation will be. In the past they have had parking by the baseball fields and ran shuttles but I don’t remember if that was the case last year. Last year I just parked on a side street right off of Bear Bryant. Its probably too early to know the actual plan yet. I will see what I can find out :).</p>

<p>Thank you kindly, Ahpimonmy!</p>

<p>As DD was " out" playing Laser Tag ( I love Laser Tag, sniff sniff). I listened to the online chat about recruitment hosted by BAMA Greek Affairs/Panhellenic.</p>

<p>All y’all, we owe this forum, and Ahipimommy in particular, a bunch of gratitude.</p>

<p>There were 99 guests, and girls were asking “what is a Rec?” “Do I HAVE to tell my GPA?” “Where do sorority girls eat?”. Etc. it was apparent that some were really needing guidance, for they are far, far behind the learning curve and it may be too late now. Yet, they do not grasp that. It was SCARY.</p>

<p>There was a slide show which will be posted soon. Biggest info was “high” first semester dues quoted at $ 4000 which does not include up to another $1000 for badge and national dues…so $5000 first semester worst case ( not including money for tees, zaps, etc)</p>

<p>The moderators did a great job and I was thrilled to participate in my FIRST online chat. How hip am I? !!!</p>

<p>Thank each of you who have helped with advice, friendship, recommendations, and online humor. I felt so informed, and would not have, if not for you people. Seriously, Roll Tide!!!</p>

<p>TXA, this entire CC forum has helped is greatly to be prepared for not only Rush but everything! Move in, dorm info, when to make deposits, how far in advance to make hotel reservations, course schedules, meals, meal plans, Tuscaloosa info, and so much more. I can not even begin to show how much I appreciate all of the wonderful contributors on here. </p>

<p>The Alabama CC forum ROCKS!</p>

<p>OMG, $5000+ for one semester???</p>

<p>Feeling grateful I don’t have a girl LOL.</p>

<p>That does include all meals.</p>

<p>TXArchitect, where did you find that online chat? Last one I see mentioned on the UAPanhellenic site was in February.</p>

<p>BTW, 1,200 women have signed up for recruitment as of right this minute. Looks like we may be on track for a 2,000-plus recruitment and another record-setter.</p>

<p>DD got a couple mails on Crimson mail inviting her to join the chat.</p>

<p>The moderators said they expect a surge in recruitment registrations just before the July 15 price increase…said probably 2000 with one hundred girls per pledge class similar to last year.</p>

<p>BAMA has the largest Greek system in the US.</p>

<p>DD did not have a chance to do the online chat. She had an online mandatory chat at the same time for Early College. TXA, D felt the same way on the EC as we do on the whole rush thing. Due to CC she has all of her questions answered. Last night on the EC chat she was the only one with no questions or concerns. </p>

<p>Every time the discussion comes up that DD is rushing at UA everyone KNOWS that it is a big deal at UA. Seems to be that Alabama sororities are the creme de la creme when it comes to how others view them.</p>

<p>Let me clarify…the $4000 to $5000 semester fee for sororities does include $1500+ for food and the charge from UA for $1500 or so comes off of your bill from UA</p>

<p>BUT that does not include all meals…in most houses there are no meals served on Saturdays, unless it is a game day. Then game day meals are served for all the girls, their datess and guests. Also most houses only serve one or two meals on Friday. My D’s house does Fried Friday for lunch every week…her roommate’s house does not have any meal on Friday except for breakfast. And on Sunday, some houses have brunch and dinner and some only have one meal. This is an extra cost that you need to be aware of.</p>

<p>What killed D’s budget were the darn T-shirts! There was a T-shirt for every event…from little to major. AND they were not even bedazzled! lol Who knew there could be so many T’s!</p>

<p>D loves her house and thanks to CC and Aphimommy we were very well prepared for Rush! D cannot wait to be on the other side of Recruitment this year!</p>

<p>Any recommendations for nail salons in Tuscaloosa? Near campus is better, but anywhere is okay, as long as they do that new lacquer polish…</p>

<p>I texted D for you TXArchitect…she said that Studio C 1801 University Blvd is good (downtown) and A Nail and Spa is ok (strip) She is not sure of exact name.</p>

<p>This is RECRUITMENT! “OK” is NOT okay!!! Lol</p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>Ahaha! I looked up the reviews of Studio C and they are about perfect 28/30…I hope that this is close enough to perfection for you!! LOL D asked me why in the world I was texting her and asking her that question…I just texted back: Recruitment.
She sent back a screaming face.<br>
Good Luck all…</p>