Fall 2013 Incoming Freshman Housing Application?

<p>Thank you Bama girls</p>

<p>Hours later still had the “processing, please wait” screen. So I called Housing and they will phone me back. The first person I talked with cautioned me about applying again to avoid being charged twice. So much for being early in the registrant pool for housing :)</p>

<p>Can someone please confirm or correct my understanding of the Proxy code? Is it that it is used so the person in a group with the first housing selection time can “pull” in roomates? (students the are in a later housing selection time) Or, do kids have to be lucky and have a spot open when the person with the later selection time comes up?</p>

<p>Also my D met another OOS at SITE and they hit it off really well. Talking about rooming but I don’t think the other girl is getting into honors. If she does not can my D select her as a roomate or do the honors residences only allow honors kids?</p>

<p>Only honors students can live in honors housing, so if your D chooses to be in honors housing, her friend could not room with her.</p>

<p>However honors students aren’t required to live in honors housing, so your D could choose to live in a non-honors dorm with her friend. Dorms such as Presidential and Lakeside are similar suite style dorms that she could live in with her non-honors friend. The only downside would be that if she didn’t live in honors housing freshman year, she would not have the option to live in honors housing in later years.</p>

<p>I believe you’re correct about the proxy code, but we didn’t use ours as S didn’t preselect roommates, so I’m sure someone else can provide more details.</p>

<p>The proxy code is used to pull in a room or suite mate. My s met his suit mate on the roommate finder. Since the suite mate had an earlier housing date he used my sons proxy code to pull him in the suite.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>You’ll be fine. Last year everyone who deposited by around October 10 had the first pick time on the first pick date.</p>

<p>Thank you for letting us know that. We did register, but not until almost 10pm. Glad to know he is still in the first group!</p>