Fall 2013 Transfer Thread - Engineering Edition

<p>No offense to other majors, but I wanted to narrow down reading progression of transfer post from engineering department only.</p>

<p>I, myself applied to PetE with 3.46 w/ probably around 53 transferable credit for major. Completed application 1/9, sent paperwork 1/11 and been stuck on step 3 since 2/4/13.</p>

<p>Gave PetE dept a call today. I asked if there was like a "deadline" to be notify for decision since summer registration is starting soon, and does process ever linger to the start of summer class. She said oh yea, no it will be before that, check this Friday or by next Friday the 19th. And to give her a call if nothing change on 4/19. </p>

<p>I don't know about this, but she also said he (admission guy) treat the application as 1 to be fair. (meaning: gave everybody a chance to submit app etc to evaluate them all at the same time)</p>

<p>That's the gist of it for those who were curious and nervous about the duration of the decision. Good luck all.</p>

<p>Aren’t you an auto admit because of TAP program or something?, I wouldn’t worry much. Gpa is kinda low though, I got a 3.87 but I doubt I’ll get accepted</p>

<p>I was Cal III away from TAP, they say I qualify for Spring 2014 since my Cal 3 grade wouldn’t be posted in time of Fall deadline. :frowning: So now I’m applying as regular transfer… I’m not waiting around for 4-5 months just to go there. 3.87 with how many credits? </p>

<p>Yea my gpa low, don’t hurt to try though. Doubt they can beat Tech $6500/yr for transfer scholarship anyways.</p>

<p>I have 69 credits, without counting this current semester at Texas Tech which I’m doing 14 credits. I got all the calc/physics/chem done.</p>

<p>The major reason why I said I doubt my acceptance is because I’m not a texas resident, reviewers are usually tougher on non-residents</p>

<p>And I go the same scholarship at Tech</p>

<p>What kind of class they let u take? Since I know they got that 12 hrs of TTU credits before getting to take upper level. With so much credits theres not much major related lower course to take. Are u in any 3000s courses?</p>

<p>How much does14 credit hours cost anyways?</p>

<p>Every transfer starts as foundational engineer, if they make a 3.0 this semester, they’re majors will be changed to petroleum engineering (the gpa requirement will be 3.2 starting next semester)</p>

<p>However we still won’t be able to sign up for Petroleum junior classes until we finish the foundational program, which is a pain in the ass for some of us, it’s basically a weed out system.</p>

<p>My number of credits is quite decieving, most of the credits were electives and some useless classes I took for no apparent reason ( I had no intention of doing engineering back when I started).</p>

<p>Right now I’m taking calc3, physics2, thermo, statics, and engibeering analysis. The cost is around $4.5k just for tuition, I think I didn’t specify that I WILL be done with the calc and physics by the end of this semester</p>

<p>Were u able to register on your own, or did you attend an orientation and they register your classes? I have a May 3rd orientation.</p>

<p>You have to attend orientation to register for classes, they will unlock the orientation hold</p>

<p>Hey guys. I checked my howdy today and it appeared they changed my first major (Petroleum) to my second major (Chemical). I am so worried now, since I want to go for Petroleum not Chemical. Is anyone in the same situation as mine ?</p>

<p>Petroleum was probably full.</p>

<p>@orgtega</p>

<p>It seems like they have started cutting some applications off, I would call the admissions office or the petroleum department to see what the deal is.</p>

<p>@orgtega</p>

<p>I’m still under review… it’ll probably be full for me too then. What’s your gpa, courses finished, etc? Did you visit the campus?</p>

<p>@Sobegreentea
I got 4.0 GPA so far. I have completed over 70 credits. I do not know how many will be transferred though. I called Petroleum department yesterday, and they said that there was a clerical mistake in my application which resulted my first and second major both changed to Chemical Engineering. My problem is fixed today, and luckily my application is still under review for Petroleum Engineering.
I am still worried because I have not had my physics two completed. I am still working on Physics 2 this semester which is my disadvantage compared to other applicants.
Good luck to all of you who are still waiting for the results. Best of luck.</p>

<p>Howdy!
I am currently waiting on my application to be evaluated I sent all of my stuff in the very first day. I haven’t heard back at all but for information purposes my first choice is PETL and second is ME I am still under review for PETL. I feel as if I am a strong applicant considering I have 78 hours all my CBK with all A beside a B in engl 1</p>

<p>Did anyone hear back from Petroleum ? I am still step three.</p>

<p>Congrats Candy A</p>

<p>My Status has been “There are no pending applications” under Manage Application on Howdy since around 2-3 days and it is showing me my application is still at step 3 on AIS …</p>

<p>So confused :(</p>

<p>Called admissions department today for info about when engineering decisions will be out. I applied for petroleum. As others have said the engineering department is last to put out decisions but she said they will probable turn in the final decisions on monday the 29th so you should know on ais/howdy by may 1st. the last day to register for nsc for transfers is 15th of may just incase anyone was wondering</p>

<p>@nikiob </p>

<p>May I ask what’s your GPA, credits hrs, etc to get an idea of competition I’m up against? I really hope so by 5-1-13, summer registration opened 4/23/13 and my schedule is dependent on if I’m goin a&m or tech. With a&m I can have summer off, tech I would need Speech and Engr 2301 since I took technical writing.</p>

<p>my gpa is a 3.55 with 78 hours. i have an associates is science. i don’t know if that matters but yeah.</p>