Fall 2013 Transfer Thread - Engineering Edition

<p>I have about 93 credit hours, but about 60 will transfer</p>

<p>I’m not sure. I know if a freshman goes in as general studies they can switch later on. For transfer students I’m not sure how it works. It’s gotten to be a jump on the bandwagon deal where a lot of other engineering majors wanna go into petroleum engineering cuz of the demand and outcomes of the program( landing a high paying job). Have any of you gotten the option where you can see you’re transfer audit report on the applicant tab?</p>

<p>@lexxiconn. I can see my transfer audit report (even though there are a few errors).</p>

<p>Accepted to Nuclear Engineering,</p>

<p>3.42 GPA, 89 hours, AS in Gen Engineering, 1000+ community service hours.</p>

<p>@Texass Appreciate you for sharing the info sir. Good luck to ya.</p>

<p>Hey guys. any update for PETE ?</p>

<p>I don’t know how accurate this is, but Dr Maggard (PetE), I ask him “Is the dept not full by now if we’re still under review?” he told me Thursday that he didn’t get hand over about 30% of the applicants til around 4/30 from admission which is why it has been delay.I think he said that they admitted most already, then there are some right on the border that they can still accept. He’s like so if we just got your app then we might haven’t made a decision yet. Told him “I turned my in since Jan 11”, his replied “I don’t know what to tell you, we get more applicants then we have room for.”</p>

<p>Soo… whatever understanding you want to make out of that contexts. Good luck all</p>

<p>Are you guys still waiting like me? I am losing hope.</p>

<p>I fully gave up on A&M, I just renewed my lease at my current apartment so I’m tied for another year, with all due respect **** the Petroleum department at A&M, **** that clown face ■■■■■■ maggard. Just continue with your lives as if you were denied from A&M, cause false hope its holding us back</p>

<p>@lookbehindyou I feel your frustration. I have a feeling you all that have not been told yes or no are my competition. I have a feeling we are not going to till after June 1 if we are admitted or not if they wanna play the fair game with everybody.</p>

<p>@ LExxiconn. Are you on Spring Review? Did you submit your Spring Grades?</p>

<p>@orgtega yes I’m on spring review. I tried taking care of that today but my CC was being gay by telling me we can not print out a transcript for you cuz we don’t have the go ahead from the registration office. So now that means I have to go back tomorrow and try again. Here I have an A&M outreach office. I can take them my spring grades(final transcript) and they can overnight them to admissions @ college station. I’m waiting just like everybody else.</p>

<p>What is everybody’s fall back plan if they don’t get into A&M? For me, since I’m going for Petroleum if A&M doesn’t come thru I’m gonna go to Techs petroleum engineering program a d start in foundation. I also had applied to Texas A&M kingsville natural gas engineering but the problem with their program is its not ABET accredited yet.</p>

<p>I really do feel the frustration here. I have a friend who plans on applying to A&M PETE probably for fall 2015, I hope he doesn’t face all this trouble.</p>

<p>hey guys, i applied in early jan. and submitted my grades for spring review. i have about a 3.7 (36hrs) with calc1 and 2, chem1 and 2, phys1, geol, and engl done. im still waiting but i currently attend uh for petr. i dont think i can get into tamu.</p>

<p>i also have over 100 volunteer hrs, letter of recs, and a internship.</p>

<p>@txpertstudent. That’s a good GPA but I don’t want to bust your bubble… But I think you might need physics 2 to be considered? Have you taken it?</p>

<p>@lexxiconn. Do we need phys2 to be considered? I didn’t know that. its whatever since uh petr is decent. did you apply for petr and what were your stats? if you dont mind</p>

<p>63 hours 3.2 GPA
Finished all the table for engineering except chem2 </p>

<p>GPA is low but got all A’s in classes like cal and physics. Got C’s in classes like history. I was told by a admission counselor from A&M that they only look for engineering classes to have good grades. We will see what happens.</p>

<p>why are you trans from?</p>