Fall 2013 Transfer Thread - Engineering Edition

<p>@orgtega I suppose it will say that once your admitted. My AIS has not changed back to step 3. It’s still on step 4 from the first run when I got spring review. How does yours look right now? What did you check as your second major?</p>

<p>@ Lexxiconn.I am not on Spring review, and I am still waiting for the decision. I submitted my Final Transcript in order to enhance my application although I do not have to submit it. It was processed and checked in the (if admitted portion), so I asked if you see the same thing as I did. My second major is Chemical Engineering. Good luck to y’all.
Keep updating any info.</p>

<p>@orgtega, you prolly wont hear anything till June 12. the PETE department is being fair to everybody and will look at everybodys grades, essays and other stuff that they submitted. Good luck</p>

<p>@lexxiconn, did you call and they told you the 12th?</p>

<p>Yes I called and talked to maggard himself. He pretty much said if you haven’t heard back from us that’s a good thing.</p>

<p>@Lexxiconn and ogrtega, my official final transcript is checked off in the if admitted portion despite spring review in process.</p>

<p>@lexxiconn, good thing? i hope thats true. if i get in i would be so happy that i will walk to college station</p>

<p>That’s weird that its a good thing to not hear anything back. Still waiting since Jan11 havent heard crap. PetE dept have a funny way of raising blood pressure and anxiety. Lol just joking. Maybe you comprehended his statement wrong. Hopefully those ppl with no patience withdraw their app or end up getting in their “1st” choice school and make room for some of us.</p>

<p>I found a good thing in bad situation. I am pretty sure if we get admitted we must be on the same NSC day… Thus we can meet each other who all experienced the frustration…lol</p>

<p>Speaking of NSC day, that is the first chance to register for classes. For those who have a later NSC date in July will there be any good classes left and do they save a certain amount of classes for those who register later or is it simply just first come first served?</p>

<p>how many does the pete dept take as in terms of transfers?</p>

<p>@txpetrstudent VERY FEW… They accept more freshmen than transfers for PETE.</p>

<p>so is this maggard person the decider of our fates?</p>

<p>I believe so.</p>

<p>Got my denial letter today. PetE 3.46 55ish transferable credits toward degree. Howdy Lubbock lol. Good luck all.</p>

<p>@sobegreentea sorry to hear that dude. How did you get notified? Postal service or AIS, email?</p>

<p>It’s cool I’m more relief then disappointed , never thought the $ aid from a&m could match tech anyways. Postage mail, working; gf text me say I received mail told her open and sent a pic so I can
read myself. The rest is history…</p>

<p>@sobegreentea972, texas tech’s a great school for petroleum engr. Looks like we are all hearing back now probably. But like lexxi asked how did you find out?</p>

<p>and also did they offer you your second choice major?</p>

<p>Dang, I guess it’s a waiting game now…</p>