Fall 2013 Transfer Thread - Engineering Edition

<p>Sorry to deviate a little from the main topic, but this question is kind of related. Is it possible to take the two foundations in engineering classes in the same semester? (ENGR 111 and 112), because I know that is gonna bar me from taking upper level classes, and am done with all my lower level classes except kineseology, stat 211, and a programming class. I don’t want to have to wait a whole year before I can take upper level classes</p>

<p>@temiotu47, most engineering majors at tamu substitute ENGR 112 with a programming course. And they also substitute ENGR 111 with ENDG 105…if you get permission…technically it is possible to take them together…but their equivalents. and in some cases…they can let you take ENGR classes with upper level classes…hope that helps!</p>

<p>Yes, it helps. I have taken 3 programming classes: COSC 2320, COSC 1336, and COSC 1309, do you know if any of them will substitute?</p>

<p>temiotu47, first of all…I checked and none of the courses you’ve listed have equivalents at TAMU. Secondly, what major did you get into over there? Check this link out:
[Changing</a> Majors | Academic Advisors & Procedures | Academics | College of Engineering](<a href=“http://engineering.tamu.edu/academics/advisors-procedures/changing-majors]Changing”>http://engineering.tamu.edu/academics/advisors-procedures/changing-majors)
it lists substitutes for ENGR 111 & 112 for most of the engineering majors. The best thing you could do is ask the advisor in your major about your specific situation.</p>

<p>Comp Engr - EE track</p>

<p>The COSC 2320 transfers as CSCE 206</p>

<p>Yeah you can take ENGR 111 & 112 in the same semester.</p>

<p>Izelkay, In EE will CSCE 206 or 110 substitute for ENGR 112?</p>

<p>For Electrical Engineering specifically, I believe only CSCE 121 would count as a replacement for ENGR 112. You should ask an adviser just to be certain, though.</p>

<p>Accepted my offer for admission to Nuclear Engineering for fall 2013. </p>

<p>Signed a lease on a place in Northgate.</p>

<p>Looking forward to meeting my fellow Aggie engineers!</p>

<p>congrats Texass, finally one more NUEN major! Have you decided which courses to take for fall?</p>

<p>@nivy and izelkay, thanks. I actually dont mind having to take 111 and 112, provided i could take both in the same semester. I need to get into upper-level asap</p>

<p>any new news from petro applicants? im still on step 3 for petro.</p>

<p>nope, I’m still on step 3</p>

<p>have you tried calling Maggard? I called him last week and he said in a few days.</p>

<p>I called two weeks ago and they said shortly, haha</p>

<p>are you currently majoring in pete at lsu? Dunno if not hearing back is a good thing or not.</p>

<p>yea, I just always wanted to go to tamu though</p>

<p>Any news for pete?</p>

<p>thanks Izelkay</p>