Fall 2013 Transfer Thread

<p>@raymax it changes the following Wednesday so either tomorrow or the next. At least mine did.</p>

<p>I sent in my application (through ApplyTexas), my high school transcript, and my college transcript yesterday. I plan on getting my bacterial meningitis vaccination today and sending the form out by tomorrow. Just a question - should I receive a pin and password to use Howdy and check my application progress? I haven’t received anything yet through email. Also, did anyone send in their ACT scores? These are my stats:</p>

<p>Major: BS Biology (pre-optometry)
GPA: 3.67
Credits: 47.3 (not counting spring semester)
ACT: 29 (but I haven’t sent that score in because it wasn’t required)</p>

<p>I’ve completed General Physics I, General Biology I, and Intro to Chemistry with B’s (A’s in labs). I also took Physics of the Cosmos and passed with an A. This semester, I’m taking General Physics II, General Biology II, and General Chemistry I - I’m striving for A’s and B’s, but I messed up for the first half of the semester (my fianc</p>

<p>Xval- it took 4 days after I sent the Apply Texas application before I received my howdy/ais logins. Then 3 1/2 weeks before they showed that my transcripts and other requirements had been received. Good Luck!</p>

<p>Thank you :)</p>

<p>Heylo @sobegreentea, i applied for PETE and CHEME, as an int’l transfer currently in the U.S with a 4.0 and 33 credits etc… does it mean i will be automatically rejected since i haven’t gotten any reply from them yet, and u say those prgrms are full?
Thanks</p>

<p>@Sandy … No, Sorry I overlooked, those programs are full for FRESHMEN only not transfer students. </p>

<p>But if you transferring w/o having taken Physics I/II, Chem 2, Cal 1-2 then it’s pretty much money wasted.</p>

<p>Finally moved to Step 5! Guess i’m done on here. Thanks everyone for your input, it made the process much easier to understand. Good luck to those of you still waiting. And congrats to those who were accepted already!</p>

<p>I registered for the NSC on 7/18, maybe I’ll see some of you around</p>

<p>@xvalriex, hang in there! :slight_smile:
@Sandykeen, if you have all your calculus, chemistry and physics classes out of the way then you should be fine.
@SobeGreenTea972, I hear ya man. This semester can’t end soon enough. I put down the deposit for a new apartment here in College Station for next semester!
@Raymax, congratulations!</p>

<p>Congrats Raymax!! … we will be down there for NSC on the 18th as well. Maybe we will see ya there.</p>

<p>So I was told in my AIS and howdy that I had been transfer denied with spring review, major was international studies.</p>

<p>Got a rejection letter in the mail that said all that, didn’t say it was just for first choice major…</p>

<p>I check AIS today, about 6 days later…and it says I’m back to being under review and has my 2nd choice major of History as my #1 and says “check back to ais in next few days for decision” …I log in to howdy and it says I’m admitted!</p>

<p>Amazing…</p>

<p>@Bynumite17, that is such epic news…congratulations!</p>

<p>I was accepted yesterday! Gig 'em!</p>

<p>Local Community College
Completed Hours: 27
GPA: 3.889
Major: Communication</p>

<p>Thanks! I was shocked to say the least.</p>

<p>Checked Howdy today under “Manage Application” link and got a “Whoop! You Have Been Admitted”. I’m really excited, but I am not sure if I am a full admit. AIS still shows step 3 and I do not have any extra tabs in howdy like others have seen before being admitted. </p>

<p>I know there are many others who have received conditional admission, (i.e. BLINN TEAM, PSA, etc.), but how do you find out what your admission condition is? I do not see any changes to my major in AIS and next to the Whoop! message in manage applications it still reads: "Level : Undergraduate Major: BUAD Program: BAC-BUAD. Does that mean I have full admission?</p>

<p>@r3volutionary1 Im pretty sure you have gained full admittance to TAMU for the major in which you applied. As long as you do not have “TEAM” or any other suffix of the like in your status you should be good to go. It may just take a few days for AIS to update and to gain the remaining tabs. Here’s a thread on CC that might help… ■■■■■■/XIpdZ</p>

<p>Also, I’m a fellow PetE transfer from a two year community college. I sent in my application for review on 01/07 and haven’t heard a word. A buddy of mine with lower GPA/GPR heard back a week ago or so and was denied admittance. ( he had approx. 3.30).</p>

<p>Im thinking that those of us still in the “Step 3 waiting game” may have some opportunity. Any other PetE transfers know the word on the street as to when decisions will be handed out, or has anyone heard back yet from TAMU?</p>

<p>Didn’t catch that link JJoseph.???</p>

<p>My bad r3volutionary, it’s a short link to another thread, wasn’t quite sure how to link it. If you copy and paste it in your browser it should work…no worries it’s legit. Lol. If not just do a quick search of the forums using your admission status and it should show up.</p>

<p>@JJoseph514, I’m not PetE…but I am a ChemE transfer…i got deferred for spring review…my theory is that most engineering transfers who meet a certain gpa threshold are getting deferred for spring review…otherwise…flat-out rejected…if you haven’t heard back yet…it is very good news! what are your stats?</p>

<p>@nivy12 I’m currently at a 3.803 GPA with about 61 credit/hrs. I should have 69 by the end of the semester, and hoping to get a 4.0 to boost my GPA up a little if it has any impact on my admission decision.
So far I’ve taken all math classes except calc 3 and differential equations (all passed with an A). Passed chem 1&2 with a B, as well as physics 1. Currently enrolled in Calc 3 and Phys 2 and so far grades are looking good. Couldn’t take geology or diff eq since they don’t transfer from my college to TAMU otherwise I’d be enrolled in those now as well. In PTK and NSCS honor societies. I’ve been checking Howdy/AIS almost every day and the wait is killing me! Haha</p>

<p>And awesome, I know ChemE is just as competitive from what Ive gathered from transfer advisors! Is spring review just a second evaluation of your application or is it like a pre-step before full admission? Do you think that they’d have their decisions finalized for us engineers by the time the application deadline is up if not soon after? Also does TAMU consider second choice majors for transfer engineers? I applied for Mechanical as my second choice.</p>