Fall 2013 Transfer Thread

<p>The time has come !!! Yesterday I have been admitted to Mays Business School !!! For the reference, 54 credit hours, 4.0 GPA. I was on the Step 3 since January 16, so it took about month and half for the response.</p>

<p>Whoop!!! … way to go Filip92. That is a heck of a wait but well worth it for sure. Wow what a great GPA for 54 hours … nice!!!</p>

<p>@JJoseph514, do you know why TAMU won’t accept the Geology (Physical Geol)? My son took it at Jr College and it looks like it may not count towards the same course at TAMU from the transfer audit report. It has the lecture and lab for 4 semester hours so I’m not quite sure why it wouldn’t.</p>

<p>Filip92 that is great!! Congratulations! I have about 31 hrs with a 3.88 GPA. Hopefully I can get it a little higher as I prepare to possibly transfer in 2014.</p>

<p>@Fullbacker Yeah I encountered the same problem upon registration for classes at the beginning of the semester. According to the TAMU Transfer Course Equivalency GEOL 1403, or Physical Geology does not transfer to TAMU as Phys. Geol. Instead it transfers as “Principals of Geology”. My best guess as to why it does not equate to the same class, despite the 4 credit hour similarity, is that it must be taken at an accredited institution in order for it to transfer accordingly. </p>

<p>I attended the Transfer Information Day last fall, and it was mentioned to me that Diff Eq would not transfer for that same reason. They apparently found the majority of students were not as prepared in the aforementioned course, so it went up the chain of commands to the point where it was no longer transferable from two year colleges. Your best bet would be to talk to an adviser from TAMU and see if you have the option “petition” this. Some universities allow you to do so if you feel that the course is equivalent in nature of the required curriculum. This may include a copy of the course syllabus, textbook/materials, final grades, etc; however, I am not 100% that TAMU offers this option.</p>

<p>@JJoseph514 I pulled this up on the Transfer Course Equivalency page.</p>

<p>[credit hours] Term Taken TAMU Course [credit hours]
GEOL 1403 - PHYSICAL GEOLOGY [4] 1994 Fall ~ TRNS </p>

<p>TRNS: Transfer by Course Title - Texas A&M did not have an equivalent course at the time of evaluation but course does transfer. </p>

<p>Maybe it will still count, I hope. I guess we will see</p>

<p>I was at the Transfer Information Day around Nov. 2012. 300+ course credits from non-accredited school won’t be accepted. Diff. Equation is MATH 308 at TAMU so therefore it’s not accepted from non-accredited CC. Physical Geology should transfer. GEOL 104 which I am taking now at CC is Geol 1403.</p>

<p>Diff Eq will transfer to some majors. You have to work with an advisor for compatibility. It’s not all black and white, there is some grey area in the transfer process. I know it will not transfer for PETE and am pretty sure computer science doesn’t accept it. I am currently enrolled in diff eq and I am positive it will transfer into the MEEN dept.</p>

<p>I am speaking from the perspective of my personal community college system. Under the trans. equiv. Geol 1403 from my respective college simply transfers as Principals of Geology, of course this may differ depend on the school you attend. It “transfers”, but from my school it transfers as a different course for some odd reason. Of course, this is said without having debated over the course’s legitimacy in regards to transfer with any academic advisers… ie petitioning or finding out options for transfer equivalence. </p>

<p>Yes, from what Ive gathered/heard Diff Eq transfers for Mech majors into the MEEN department… Im assuming the PETL department is one of the few in which it does not.</p>

<p>After my Howdy and AIS told me I was rejected with spring review on 2/26, my application moved to accepted for second choice major on howdy on 3/7…and today on 3/13 my AIS finally moved to Step 5 and registered for my NSC.</p>

<p>Whoop!</p>

<p>I still haven’t heard anything yet and now I am so nervous! I wish I had gotten my answer on wednesday like all of you did.</p>

<p>I’ve been on step 2 for almost a week now - my college transcript has been received but not processed yet. I’m really beginning to feel nervous! Texas A&M, after all I’ve been through these past few months, is really what I need to start a new future for myself. I also need an out of state tuition waiver, which makes all these anxious feelings even worse.</p>

<p>Congratulations to those who have already been accepted! And to everyone still waiting on an answer - I wish you all the best.</p>

<p>@JJoseph514, it is actually a re-evaluation of my application basically…what I’ve found out from both ChemE and Nuke advisors…is that they do spring review to get a better idea at how well the students will perform in the major…spring grades give them sufficient information before they make a final decision. And yes, if your first choice major was to the College of Engineering…TAMU will consider second choice engineering majors. Rest assured, if not PetE, then you’ll definitely be considered for MEEN.
As for Differential Equations, I considered taking it at Blinn…but it wouldn’t transfer…I am glad I am taking it at TAMU!</p>

<p>Got my acceptance letter through the correspondence tab in AIS. Doesn’t seem to have any conditions! Whoop!</p>

<p>One more question. If I applied for summer, do I have to attend summer or can I wait and register for fall??</p>

<p>@r3volutionary1, congratulations! What major did you get into? And what are your stats? I think you have to attend summer…or you could defer your admission to fall…better to contact admissions.</p>

<p>Mays Business. Probably going to do management.</p>

<p>Under Manage application on Howdy my status changed from “under review” to “You do not have any active applications” on Tuesday(03/12), its still like that, and i guess thats a rejection.</p>

<p>The decision finally came this morning<br>
Your application for admission to Texas A&M University has been received and reviewed thoroughly by those most concerned with your admission. After carefully considering your application file, we regret to inform you that we cannot offer you admission at this time.</p>

<p>We will reconsider your application for fall admission if the following conditions are met:</p>

<p>we receive an official transcript with your current semester’s spring grades in the Office of Admissions by June 1, 2013 and
space is still available in your desired degree program for the Fall 2013 semester</p>

<p>What were your stats?</p>