Fall 2013 Transfer Thread

<p>@orgtega economics in COLA. I was on step 3 since 3/13</p>

<p>@yeahboii hey i m waiting on UT 's decision too…when did u complete your application?</p>

<p>@immanjil I completed it about 2 weeks before the deadline and it still says on time/complete…
I know UT doesnt send letters until atleast mid april</p>

<p>@yeahboii yea we knw its gonna come late but still the wait is not good to go through…
I have been waitin on UT for 2 months nw finished it on 1st weeek of Feb…well i hope it arrives soon…it would b a gr8 opportunity and deliema if get accpted from UT as well…</p>

<p>So are u a transfer or a freshman?</p>

<p>@immanjil lol well only about a week left and we should start hearing back
and i’m a transfer. I know for sure I’ll be going to UT if I get accepted… lol</p>

<p>@yeahboii I Hope we hear back soon…
for me who ever gives me some scholarship will b my choice as I am an out of state student…actually INternational… And even if i get accpted at Ut i hve low chances of getting some help…Well A&M wont be a bad choice either for our future…being one of the best colleges in texas…welll lets hope for the best…</p>

<p>Did anyone hear back from PETE Department ? I am still on step three.</p>

<p>Immanjil, in some categories TAMU is one of the best colleges in the US. Depends on your major.</p>

<p>Anyone hear back from the RPTS department?</p>

<p>@cromette…my major is mechanical engineeering and I think both the collleges would be great for engineeering major…</p>

<p>Well, my daughter got her Howdy letter yesterday. The letter came before she heard anything via web. Sent all info in 4 weeks before deadline. did not process it till 2 days before the deadline. Majoring in Biomedical Science from college with 2+2 articulated program. Yes folks, a community college and it saved us a bunch of mooola.</p>

<p>So I have to finish up my 24 hours by this semester so they said that I have to send in my transcript before June 1. My friend went through the same thing and said that its basically a yes if I keep my grades up which will happen because I have a 4.0. Is anyone else in the same boat? What about housing? Will I be stuck with off campus?</p>

<p>@Revlonwigs14 I also have to send in my final transcript by June 1st. I’m taking a minimester at blinn from May 13th-29th, my question is for you do you think my grades from that class be on my transcript by June 1st?</p>

<p>Revlonwigs - I’m pretty sure housing is closed - so yes, you’d be off-campus, but from what I hear it’s not so bad at all. There is off-campus housing very close and there are buses that transport students back and forth. And the cost is very comparable to on-campus housing and lower in many cases when you consider a meal plan.</p>

<p>@lovealittle it depends on the school. I’m up here at tarrant county and the grades from the teachers are due by may 27. You are going to have to check the registration calendar for blinn</p>

<p>Just to give a quick update to some of the other engineers if they have not heard back already. I was deferred to spring review for my major. I was made aware of this at the T.I.D. that if I did not complete physics 2 before applying there would be a good chance i would not be admitted. Nevertheless, i applied for Petl anyway with mech as my second choice. The letter, as some of you may know, states whether or not you were considered for your second choice major. I was and was also not accepted into Mech. </p>

<p>Despite this news, I applied and was accepted into UT Austin for mechanical (my original first choice) engineering and was accepted to Texas Tech for lower engineering (hoping to be accepted into upper petroleum or mechanical after 12 hrs) on a $6500 scholarship I can renew and stack my second year. </p>

<p>So to all the hopefuls or recently deferred students having to go about making secondary plans, there are always other avenues of opportunity for you to explore and achieve your goals. Best of luck to all… Hook em and Gig em!</p>

<p>What is TID joseph? I am worried now since i am taking physics 2 this semester.</p>

<p>Transfer information day</p>

<p>Orgtega, if I remember correctly you had a 4.0 solid GPA, with those grades in your CBK courses I don’t really think that they would put you on spring review because I’m sure they’d able to predict you would make an A (or B minimum) in the ones you are currently enrolled in. This may be true unless they automatically send applicants regardless of GPA who come from 2 year schools and haven’t completed Chem1,2 physics 1,2 and Calc1,2 at least. It could also be case by case basis during holistic review. I had a 3.8 gpa</p>

<p>On the flip side, I have friends in my physics 2 and calculus 3 courses that have been admitted to tamu for mechanical that are still completing the aforementioned classes. (Some even have gpa lower than mine by as much as .2 but petrol is more competitive, and has less than half as many undergrads enrolled compared to mechanical tamu engineers). I would try contacting the department about admissions, especially if you have scholarships and whatever else on the line.</p>