Fall 2013 Transfer Thread

<p>Thank you for your information Joseph. I applied for TAMU and Texas Tech. I got admitted from Tech with 6500/year transfer scholarship, but I definitely want to study Petroleum at Tamu. Are you still waiting for Tamu’s petroleum admission?</p>

<p>Gongratulations to you guys! I just feel soooo frustrated! My status is still stuck in second step…I already sent all credentials and remind the admission office but they haven’t update the information for nearly one month:(
Can anybody give me some advise?.I would be sooo grateful…</p>

<p>Orgtega, No I was deferred to spring review for petroleum, so technically I could wait until end of spring semester to submit my grades to be reviewed, however I fear that because EVERY petrol major wants to go to Tamu for engineering there won’t be any spots left come mid may after finals. I also have automatic admission with TAP (transfer articulation program) for spring 2014, but I would have to stay at my community and I have no more courses to take that transfer. </p>

<p>Yeah, the 6500$ from Tech makes it an appealing offer. I can opt to do Petrol at Tech or Mech at UT, but go to Tech for a TON less. I’m on the fence about what I should do (advice anyone?).</p>

<p>Tamaking, what does your Howdy! Account say under the “Manage Applications” link in the Applicant tab? Also, what is your major? If you’re engineering or business, it may be a matter of time or just a glitch in the ais system.</p>

<p>@JJoseph514, my advice would be to go for Tech. Petroleum is a higher paying major as well. And if it is your thing, then do petroleum only. A friend of mine is a junior mechanical engineering major who transferred from UH last semester. He is not enjoying it at all and the only reason he doesn’t want to change majors is because he has invested too much time in this major. You could always transfer later on to TAMU if you want. It is a good idea to keep a backup. TAMU is my only choice and I’ve taken a big risk not applying anywhere else. I have been in the Blinn TEAM program for two years now and I won’t settle for anything other than A&M. Congrats on your acceptance to Tech. (y)</p>

<p>@Joseph. I think you should wait and submit your Spring Grades to see how it goes. I think there will be some spots for students who will be considered for Spring Grades. They definitely don’t want to miss some qualified and potential students who just have not completed one or two classes. If you choose not to wait, I think you can probably go for Mechanical Engineering which is very demanding and versatile. Having a bachelor in ME, you can enter the oil industry with no problems or go for Petroleum’s graduate schools. I cannot deny the fact that Texas Tech gives generous transfer scholarships. I mean it also depends on your financial situation.
Did they send you a letter stating you have been deferred to June for review ?</p>

<p>@JJoseph. I was also offered spring review by TAMU. Tech gave me the same amount of scholarship as you. Am leaning towards Tech. Petroleum is pretty good at Tech.</p>

<p>I called the petroleum department today and they told me we should start receiving decisions by the 22nd of this month. They said spring reviews spots are few to none, and that a 3.8+makes you a competitive applicant</p>

<p>@JJoseph514 It’s “Incomplete” in Howdy!! My major is nutritional science. Feel soooo anxious and helpless…</p>

<p>Howdy! I submitted by credentials along with the application on January 1st to TAMU. I applied for the fall 2013 semester for Mays Business School and Agbusiness as my second choice. I currently have a 3.56 GPA and I filled up the extra curricular activities and volunteer services page. I am still on step 3 so would anyone assume that since I have not not heard anything and it is already the middle of April that I would be denied? I recently had a letter sent to my home asking me to fill out some information on HOWDY for financial aid and scholarships, if that gives any clues. I’m assuming that TEXAS A&M would not send me this letter if they were going to deny me. Any feedback from any other transfer students or current students would be great!</p>

<p>I’m applying for fall 2014 for the college of education intermediate studies. I’m taking two summer courses and a few more in the fall to almost completely fill out degree track B (or a I forgot which one it is, whichever it is for education) all required courses will be completed and ill have atleast a 3.5 GPA. I have worked at an elementary school for over a year as an after school teachers aide, when I apply it will be almost two years I’ve had this job. I have two letters of recommendation; one from a kids parent who went to A&M and one from either a teacher who went to A&M, the principal of the elementary school, or one of my professors. Not sure if my high school activities matter much, I was in wrestling, was the captain. I didn’t do much else. I’m currently not in any clubs as I am working every day and I commute to the university of north texas every day. If I retake a few courses in the fall I could raise my gpa as high as 3.8. </p>

<p>So AT LEAST a 3.5 GPA with 40-50 hours, what are my chances? Thanks!</p>

<p>Has anyone gotten their NSC confirmation package through mail yet?</p>

<p>In Howdy Portal under Manage Application, it is showing you have no pending applications.
Does anyone know what that means ???</p>

<p>@ParleG, it usually means that you have been deferred for Spring grades review. Or the worst-case scenario, you’ve been rejected. I am hoping that it is the former.</p>

<p>I GOT ACCEPTED! I just found out today. Thank you everyone for everything. I am seriously beyond thrilled right now. I wish those of you still waiting the best of luck.</p>

<p>I applied to the college of agriculture and life sciences as a Animal Science major.
I applied with 24 or 25 hours (don’t remember) and a 3.46 GPA</p>

<p>Thanks and Gig Em!</p>

<p>Congrats Candy A</p>

<p>My Status has been “There are no pending applications” under Manage Application on Howdy since around 2-3 days and it is showing me my application is still at step 3 on AIS …</p>

<p>So confused :(</p>

<p>Have any prospective transfer students heard back yet, specifically business or engineering departments? I spoke with admissions and the lady told me those two departments were the last to finish review. The deadline to sign up for NSC is coming up soon, so I’m not sure if I should be worried or not. It would not reasonable for TAMU to take months to reply only to deny you right?</p>

<p>@Jemaggie what’s your gpa?? … it is kind of reasonable. since they look at 4.0s and work their way down to lower gpa, at least that’s what PetE head of dept told me</p>

<p>@ParleG no pending applications is a good thing from what I’ve seen of this thread. It’s usually soon follow by an answer maybe within a week.</p>

<p>@ParleG As @Nivy12 said “it usually means that you have been deferred for Spring grades review. Or worst-case scenario, you’ve been rejected”</p>

<p>Ive been deferred for my spring grades as well, what do yall think my chances are for getting in. I applied for Liberal Arts Economics and I have a 3.0 gpa, yeah I know not too great</p>