Fall 2013 Transfer Thread

<p>Hi guys, I’m currently a sophomore majoring in film production at a university in California, but I’ve gone through a lot of change during the past few months and now I wish to study Electrical Engineering. Hopefully I can be closer to home and study at TAMU, but I’m not sure if I can make it. I really messed up my GPA right from the get go with about a 2.8 my first semester, but I’ve been trying to fix it. As of this past fall semester, my cumulative GPA is 3.42, which I don’t think is enough. I know it sounds like a silly idea, a film major hoping to transfer to TAMU and study EE, but I actually really like calculus and physics. Unfortunately, I don’t think I’ll be accepted to transfer into Dwight Look college with my grades, but I’ve heard from many that it would be easier to transfer to TAMU to study liberal arts or natural sciences and, if accepted, I could spend a semester boosting my GPA before internally transferring into Dwight Look. I’m taking all engineering classes this upcoming semester at my university and will apply to transfer before the March deadline. What do yall think? Sorry for writing so much, but I really appreciate the help and advice!</p>

<p>What do you mean by “I’m taking all engineering courses this upcoming semester”? With a ~3.4 you have a chance if you have A’s in your math and science courses. If your film major courses are bringing down your GPA, admissions will probably overlook those classes because they have nothing to do with engineering.</p>

<p>It would help if we knew the classes you have completed. Also, I wouldn’t wait to apply in March. The earlier you apply supposedly helps. Good luck!</p>

<p>I moved to step 3 this morning. My college transcript has been processed. Is anyone else also on this step?</p>

<p>Still on 2. Sent my stuff in but it says they haven’t even received it yet. :/</p>

<p>Haha don’t worry. All this means is that I have made it through the office of admissions and I have all of the required documents processed. Now the review from the actual college begins…I have a feeling I will be on step 3 for a while…</p>

<p>Does anyone know if they require transcripts to be sent BY the school? I have all of my transcripts (Still in sealed envelopes), and was going to send them all at once myself.</p>

<p>That’s fine to send them yourself, Raymax. Just go into Post office to make sure there is correct amount of stamps</p>

<p>@Raymax yeah you can sent it yourself… I’d sent it in with this <a href=“http://admissions.tamu.edu/forms/Doc_ID_Sheets.pdf[/url]”>http://admissions.tamu.edu/forms/Doc_ID_Sheets.pdf&lt;/a&gt; </p>

<p>Your choice.

</p>

<p>Appreciate the help.</p>

<p>Gotta finish up my essay this weekend, and get everything sent off. Probably a little behind the curve, but oh well. Had to wait for my minimester grades to post anyways.</p>

<p>Just sent my Application. Going for Ag Systems Management.</p>

<p>Currently have an A.A.S. in Aviation Mainteneance Technology from Eastern New Mexico Univ. GPA was 3.4</p>

<p>Also have a 4.0 on 37hrs at Blinn.</p>

<p>Does anyone know how long it take for your application to be processed so you can view the credentials you’ve submitted?</p>

<p>@summer021 it took about a month for me only because the office was closed for the holidays. it should take about 10 days though</p>

<p>@dubucatherineee thanks my application was processed now I’m just waiting to see when they’ll put my college transcripts as received, I turned them in, in person at tamu on the 10th and they’re still not showing on my ais</p>

<p>Just letting everyone know, I called TAMU this morning about my two week ago sent transcripts, and they said the admissions office is 2.5 weeks backed up. They are however working through the weekend to get caught back up. So everyone stick it out until Wednesday or Thursday when they start updating applications.</p>

<p>Haha how are they two and and a half weeks backed up if it has only been that long since the app opened? I guess that means they haven’t done anything… Are you still on step 2 TAMU?</p>

<p>Emergency can someone help!! Can I update/add or correct my application if it is already submitted by e-mailing or calling a&m about it?</p>

<p>@chadblake they’re 2.5 behind on freshman, and they come before us. And yeah I’m still on 2.</p>

<p>Gotcha. That makes sense. Thanks for the info!</p>

<p>@summer I would just call and try. All they can do is say no and you will be back in the same boat you are in now.</p>

<p>thanks @chadblake. So @Tamu15 they’re not going to have our credentials as received/processed until tomorrow or until next week then?</p>

<p>@summer I’ve heard AIS updates late Wednesday nights. That could be totally wrong though. If you don’t mind me asking, what major did you apply for?</p>