Fall 2013 Transfer Thread

<p>Did anyone get a paper decision in the mail?</p>

<p>any new news for engr?</p>

<p>My major changed from electrical engineering to my 2nd major Biomedical engineering on Howdy</p>

<p>Txpetrstudent assuming your username is correct you and I are competing for the same position. I’ll let you know if/when I get accepted/denied; I’d appreciate it if you’d do the same. Good luck!</p>

<p>@oatman, yea of course thats what this site is for. May i ask what you starts are?</p>

<p>I got accepted! Dwight Look College of Engineering…major in Nuclear Engineering. All the best to everyone else waiting… :)</p>

<p>Congrats nivy!!! … been a long wait. That is the coolest sounding major!!</p>

<p>Grats nivy</p>

<p>thanks fullbacker and drexel21! it truly has been a long wait…I can finally breathe now.</p>

<p>Congrats nivy n best of luck.</p>

<p>Has anyone attended the NSC yet? Any heads up items I should think about or get done early if possible? I’m attending the Aug. 1-2 conference.</p>

<p>International : Whats my chances at UT AUSTIN & TEXAS A&M FOR PETE ??</p>

<p>Brisitsh IGCSE : A Maths, A Physics, A Chemistry, A Urdu, B English, B Biology</p>

<p>British CIE International A level : A* Maths , A Physics & A in Chemistry.</p>

<p>SAT : Maths: 800, Reading : 750, Writing :730 (2280)
SAT 2 : Maths 800, Chemistry 800, Physics 800</p>

<p>High School grades eq. to 3.95 GPA.</p>

<p>You should be in without a doubt! I would be shocked if you were not.</p>

<p>You’re in for sure.</p>

<p>Very impressive, Wasif. You should be able to get credit for your A Level grades. I didn’t get any, but a friend of mine got credit for Calculus 1 and 2, Chemistry 1 and 2. I had the same grades as you in A Levels, go figure!</p>

<p>Hi!</p>

<p>I’m a sophomore at a CC. I chose my major as pre-med but want to change into engineering (scared of blood :frowning: ). Currently I am having a 3.34 GPA with</p>

<p>Cal I-A (university grade)
Psy dual credit (6 credits) -A
Bio I-B+
Cal II - C+
Philosophy - C+
Bio II - B</p>

<p>I’m taking Cal III, Phys I, Chem I (should be all As), in a CC.</p>

<p>So at the time I prepare my application for TAMU, I should have 3.5 GPA, I’d love to apply for their Aerospace Engr. Can you guys help me figure out my chance(s)?</p>

<p>Thanks a lot.</p>

<p>@KT1554
Well, if you’re sure you can have all As, I think you stand a chance. Note: that is if you can do extremely well this time around. Colleges like to see students whose grades get better.
Engineering is very big on math, so your Calc 2 may make you look bad.
Also try to take all your PHY and CHEM before attending; although you don’t have to have completed them by the time of application.
And, write good essays.</p>

<p>Hello, currently looking to transfer to mech eng at tamu. Can anyone tell me my chances?
CBK GPA 4
TOTAL GPA 3.8
Hours - 46
Precal-cal3 a
Trig a
Stats a
Diff eq a
Phys 1 a
Chem 1 a
Hist 1 a
Hist 2 c
Soci a
Bio b
Plus a few more that don’t matter with an a</p>

<p>Generations of aggies in families, previously a math tutor for womens shelter, what are my chances</p>

<p>I am about to start college at my CC and I already know that I want to transfer after this year into A&M engineering. I will most likely choice to do civil engineering, but that could change in a year. I took AP calc this past year and received a 2. At my CC I want to take the CLEP test for college algebra and Precal, I can easily pass both test or do I take either class and receive an easy A?</p>