Fall 2013 Transfer Thread

<p>@chadblake @summer mine updated this morning to show that they had received my transcripts but had not processed them.</p>

<p>Not at all @chadblake I’m applying for economics. @Tamu15 mine still hasn’t showed they are received but hopeful later on today or tomorrow it’ll change, when did you submit your transcripts?</p>

<p>@summer I sent mine the 2nd and when it updated today it said it was received the 4th?? Which was kinda strange</p>

<p>@tamu15 it is strange I submitted a transcript on the 22nd from another cc I had attended and they already received it, yet they still haven’t received the transcript from my current university I’m enrolled and I already sent it twice 1/10 & again on 1/15</p>

<p>For yesterday to today I went from Step2 with no transcript to Step3 and I’m being processed</p>

<p>So I guess it’s normal that I sent my documents on 1/11, and still stuck on step 2 after two weeks? And under Documents tab … only my application and essay are received.</p>

<p>Just thought I might of typo on mailing address or something.</p>

<p>I’m in the same boat as you. I mailed my stuff in on the 16th, and it says they still haven’t received it yet. Right now I’m enrolled at SFASU, and I chose mechanical engineering as my first choice major and civil as my second. I only have about 29 transferable hours with a 4.0. I know it’s long shot for me, but figured I might as well apply. Does anybody know if you change your major on AIS to non selective is that same thing as a non determined major?</p>

<p>What CBK courses have you completed out of your 29 hours?</p>

<p>TAMU is the only school i applied too.i sent everything on the 18th. hope they accept me. Boy! im so stressed. when are they going to give us admission decision?</p>

<p>@landslides and whom it may concern. </p>

<p>FYI: I sent my documents on the 11th and still on step 2 … “documents” tab on AIS still not showing it has been received. I asked them about it on the 29th and this is their reply today 1/30.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Anybody have any end of the week updates? I feel like we’re all in this together so it’s interesting to hear when anyone’s ais changes lol.</p>

<p>My sons AIS just moved to step 3 this morning … sweet!! It makes it a little easier to wait when you know for sure they have the application packet in hand and are processing it.</p>

<p>Chance me? (Visualization)</p>

<p>-In-state freshman at a Lonestar College with 21 hours at time of applying, 37 by the time I transfer.
-3.43 GPA at time of applying, likely at least a 3.6 when I finish this semester if not a 3.66. I got all As last semester except for one class but I took dual credit in high school so that brought my GPA down. Otherwise I would have a 3.8 GPA.
-Part time job at Best Buy as a video game salesperson. Not much else in terms of my resume.
-Very solid essays (Statement of purpose and personal issue). I talked a lot about the knowledge I already have with After Effects and 3DS Max.
-Letter from my history professor.</p>

<p>So what are my chances? Also what would be another option for me if I don’t get into Visualization? I talked to a A&M advisor at my school and they said General Studies no longer takes transfer students. What else could I do to just internally transfer?</p>

<p>You sound much like my friend who transferred to VIZ. so hopefully that gives you some peace of mind. You sound like you would be good</p>

<p>That does actually. I need to finish my resume for my UT application this weekend but I should be able to send in my A&M stuff within the next two weeks seeing as to how I can use pretty much everything I did for UT with the exception of about two paragraphs on my essay.</p>

<p>Would my decision be based off of my spring grades? Or would I get a decision based off my fall grades? A 3.43 is a lot lower than a 3.6.</p>

<p>They’ll look at your fall and then ask you to send in your spring grades should you be accepted so I’m assuming they would use the 3.43</p>

<p>@Fullbacker when did your son send the documents?</p>

<p>UPDATE: </p>

<p>So 21 days after I mailed my docs (1/11) , AIS is still on step 2, but today under “Documents” it changed to received 1/14/13. #Progressing</p>

<p>@sobe look for it to change within the next few days. Or at least it did for me</p>

<p>@Tamu nice, do they only change on weekdays only? </p>

<p>I really hope I get in, all of my credits followed TAMU PetE curriculum. Got in Texas Tech, but will have to spend extra semester to graduate, slightly different transferable curric.</p>