Fall 2013 Transfer Thread

<p>I know guys, I hate Step 3 as well !!! But based on the stories and what people talked about on this website, I figured out we should start expecting respond at the end of this month. But hopefully it’s going to be sooner !!!
@jalzibdeh I don’t know about Agriculture department, but I know that Dwight Look Engineering College and Mays Business School get filled the first, therefore they are the most competitive to get into.
One adviser told me that the last year 950 transfer students applied for Mays Business School and they only accept 75, so this year they raised that number to 100.</p>

<p>too bad we’ll only be a slight part of the 25 by 25 thing they’re working on.</p>

<p>[25</a> by 25 | College of Engineering](<a href=“http://engineering.tamu.edu/25by25]25”>25 by 25 | Texas A&M University Engineering)</p>

<p>

Bad semester… HS seniors.</p>

<p>

</code></pre>

<p>6.5% of 1600 is around 1704 opening for engineering transfer.</p>

<p>Sorry I like numbers… 1704 opening assuming 12,000 applicants for engineers = 14.2% of getting accepted.</p>

<p>Overall about 1/2 of us should be in good shape for non competitive department.</p>

<p>Fall 2012 Transfers - Undergraduates </p>

<p>Completed Applications
4,628</p>

<p>Admits
2,480 (53.59%)</p>

<p>Enrolled
1,919 (77.38%)</p>

<p>[Data</a> and Research Services - Student Data and Reports](<a href=“http://dars.tamu.edu/Data-and-Reports/Student#finger]Data”>http://dars.tamu.edu/Data-and-Reports/Student#finger) if you want to see for yourself… ethnic, top 10%, etc very thorough and neat.</p>

<p>Yeah but Sobe, how many of those denied are excess engineering, excess business and people without all prerequisite classes done</p>

<p>I got the my records tabs and what not on howdy this morning…</p>

<p>I think that’s a great sign…at least I hope it is. Still on step 3 right? I am hoping for more progress by the end of the week but it still seems very early for a decision to have been made. Keep us posted!</p>

<p>Why do the SAT scores come out on Ais. I didn’t think they needed them for transfer students</p>

<p>Would we get an email at the same time of AIS status if accepted into school? Or be emailed at all or we find out faster through AIS?</p>

<p>I think it’s going to be on the AIS first, but you will get it through the mail as well.</p>

<p>Howdy prospective Ags!
I’ve been following this website for a while now…finally decided to join.
I’m a Blinn TEAM sophomore right now and I’ve applied for transfer to the College of Engineering.
1st choice: Chemical Engineering
2nd choice: Nuclear Engineering
SAT: 1780 Composite: 1200
SAT Subject Tests:
Chemistry: 770
Physics: 780
Math 2C: 690
Overall GPA [Blinn and TAMU combined]: 3.43
CBK GPA: 3.27
Applied 1/30/2013, turned documents in person the same day. Took two days to get to step 3.</p>

<p>i finally moved to step 3! but it just makes me even more stressed</p>

<p>@Land … when did you turn in docs and application?</p>

<p>Still on step three, but I checked Howdy tonight and found a new box under my applicant tab called “Manage Applications”. Clicked on the link and it brought me to a page that says “WHOOP! You have been ADMITTED”. So excited!</p>

<p>Major: Mechanical Engineering
GPA: 3.64 currently taking diff eq and physics 2.
Hours completed: 50
Applied: 1/1
Good luck to everyone still waiting and keep an eye on Howdy!</p>

<p>@chad weren’t you auto admit through your previous college?</p>

<p>No that program would have been my back up plan for next semester had I not been admitted competitively.</p>

<p>@Chad: I see a box under the Applicant Tab named “Manage Applications” but didn’t really notice if it had been there all along or just now. The link just says “Application Status: Under Review”. I guess we will have to check it more often. Still at step 3.</p>

<p>@sobe i submit the application the 8th and sent my transcripts the 18th january</p>

<p>Hey guys! What’s my chance looking like?
Applying for: Ag Leadership
13 hours at Blinn… 2.8gpa
4.06 High School GPA
TONS AND TONS AND TONS of community service/organizations im involved in
All A’s in English/Speech/Geography’s
Will have most likely 4.0 this semester so ill have (25 hours)
I have LOTS of rec letters (not that it matters)
4th generation aggie (not that it matters)
Im a nanny
graduated high school a year early</p>

<p>Any ideas?</p>

<p>@chadblake, congratulations man!
I recently noticed the ‘Manage Applications’ tab. It wasn’t there before…it’s a bummer for me because the chemE advisor said they’re going to review all the applications once Spring grades are posted.
@lovealittle, if you bring up your gpa to 3.0+ I think you’ll have a good chance…plus, since you’re a 4th gen Aggie, the whole legacy factor might come in, boosting your chances even more!</p>

<p>Congrats, Chadblake! Whoop!
Was there a link for you to go further once you got to “admitted”? Are you able to register for your NSC now? Again, congratulations and hope to see you in Aggieland!</p>