Fall 2014 transfers?

<p>Hey no worries, I’m also from UW Oshkosh trying to transfer to Madison as a sophomore! Your stats look pretty similar to mine except you have a better HS GPA and ACT. What are your extracurriculars and what kind of classes are you taking?</p>

<p>That makes me feel a lot better haha… I don’t have as many extracurriculars as I would like, but am lightly involved in a couple of clubs. I do have a job at home that I work at during breaks. I was very very heavily involved in band in high school and I emphasized in my application that I am planning to join the marching band (I feel like that would help me a little). </p>

<p>My first semester I took Bio 105, Sociology 101, WBIS 188, and Children’s Books/Religious differences
Second semester I am in Math 110, English 224, Music 110, Comm 111, and Ed Foundations 235</p>

<p>I didn’t do as well as I think I could have done my first semester because I started in nursing and quickly realized that it wasn’t a good fit for me and switched my major to education. I know I can get my GPA up next semester but I’m not sure how much that will affect the admission decision</p>

<p>Well if anything, I’d say they might postpone you just to see how well you do second semester, and having 2 more credits this semester is definitely going to help your cumulative, I would think. Its definitely a frustrating process haha but just make sure to keep up the grades and you’ll have a pretty strong chance! As far as the marching band goes, that was a strong contributing factor for my friend getting his acceptance as a freshman so that could very well help you out!</p>

<p>Do you guys know if you have a better chance getting in depending on what your major is? I’ve heard that from some people but I don’t know if it’s true or not</p>

<p>@UWTransfer1126, I had the same question as you so I called admissions. They accept you into the university as a whole, then you apply to a certain school. Some schools (Business school for example) make you apply for admission, others automatically accept you if you have ___ GPA or they just take anyone. </p>

<p>Here’s a link to the catalog page on entrance requirements for undergrad majors. It explains which schools in the university you would need to apply too. <a href=“Guide < University of Wisconsin-Madison”>Guide < University of Wisconsin-Madison;

<p>I feel like I will be the last to hear back… I am an international student and applied February 1st. I am SO scared because my grades have been a roller-coaster averaging out to 3.2. (Im also scared of if they will accept me with 100 credits /Junior year…seems as if i should just finish college here, but I really really want to take/retake classes in english: is having too many credits a problem??). </p>

<p>I have never been educated in Japanese until college and yet I am a Bio major / doing all natural sciences in Japanese… so hard to control my grades. Extracurriculars are fairly good with 15 yr athletic career, some club activity/fundraising, research experience. I was accepted 3 years ago, decided to come to Japan. But I feel like a am a complete different applicant, coming from a Japanese college instead of graduating from a HS in Wisconsin. I’m just crossing my fingers. That is all. </p>

<p>@jimmyboy123 I’m sure if you explained that semester, they won’t make the decision off of that one bad semester. which is also what i am hoping for haha because my one trimester was also a 1.6… Also my recommendations are similar to urs. </p>

<p>My application has been “under review” for over a month, is that normal?</p>

<p>@TransferGopher Mine’s been like that for more than a month too, don’t worry.</p>

<p>Same here. So frustrating.</p>

<p>Same here.</p>

<p>HS GPA-3.4
College GPA-3.8
Major Pre-reqs completed-some but not all as of yet i’m only a freshman planning to transfer as a sophomore
Intended Major- Political Science and hopefully adding on a minor of women and gender studies
Credits-17, 32 by the end of this semester
College ECs-none really as of yet, I’ve mainly just been trying to focus on my grades
Made Deans list, will be being inducted into Phi Eta Sigma honor society in the spring.
HS EC’s- National Honors Society, Student Council, Dance
Job/work experience- Not currently working however I do have a lot of work experience. Previously worked at a movie theater, a fine dining restaurant and two clothing stores.
Volunteer Community Service- lots. Not as much anymore but volunteering with Habitat of Humanity, food drives, nursing home for two years, Milwaukee Bucks reading program.</p>

<p>Personal statement-strong
Applied for financial aid-yes
State-Wisconsin
School-University of Wisconsin Stevens Point
Gender-Female
Attending transfer admit day-Yes, if accepted</p>

<p>Strengths-pretty good GPA and great personal essays, also received letters of recs from two professors who were graduates of Madison
Weaknesses-applied in February so i’m a bit nervous that that’s when all of the college applications started swarming in. I wish I would’ve did it earlier but I had a lot on my plate. My application status currently says “your application is being reviewed by one of our admissions counselors”, hoping to hear something back by the end of the month at least, waiting is killing me!</p>

<p>What do you guys think my chances are? Has anyone been postponed or waitlisted so far?</p>

<p>From what I see on here, there have only been 2 transfers to get accepted so far. I don’t think anyone else on here has gotten any notifications so far, that I know of. As for your stats, they look pretty impressive! </p>

<p>It’s a roll in admission so the sooner you turn it in, the quicker you hear back. I also didn’t apply until a few days before the deadline. Mine also says “your app is being reviewed…” It’s going to be a longgg month/almost two months. </p>

<p>I am a freshman hoping to transfer as a sophomore </p>

<p>High school gpa: 3.5
ACT: 26
College gpa: 4.0
Currently taking all my majors pre-reqs
Intended Major: Business Management
College extracurricular: Student government, Residents Life Advisory Board
Credits: 30 by the end of this semester
I have lots of work experience and a good amount of community service
One letter of recommendation from one of my professors who was a Madison graduate </p>

<p>What do you guys think my chances are of getting in? Last year when I applied I was postponed and then denied, hoping this year will be better!</p>

<p>I applied way back in September, but they have had all my application material since early
January. My file has been under review for almost two months, is anyone else in the same situation? Just wondering when I may hear back; I have been waiting for so long!</p>

<p>@LexiMoJ
As long as it’s before the deadline, applying before doesn’t help your chances, it just gets you your decision earlier.</p>

<p>Just a quick question. If you’re applying after your first year you’re not directly admitted to the program which you applied to correct? </p>

<p>@frankieb6
Correct. You are admitted to the University itself first. I think you might be able to get into your major too if you qualify, but I’m not sure.</p>

<p>Has anyone new heard back recently?</p>