Fall 2022 Roommate process for Freshman

Does anyone have more info than me on the process for incoming Freshman?
I know my son reaches out to other incoming Freshman on social media platforms and is meeting people that way. My understanding is they would need to be in his LLC to be a potential roommate. What is you have a friend you want to live with as roommate and they aren’t in same LLC? My son is Honors College. Does that mean if he had a friend who wasn’t in Honors LLC then he is out of luck can’t room together?

I was just looking at this on their website and it seems to me 1) only honors students in the honors dorm and 2) all roommate selections are random/done by the university. I saw that in a FAQs section on the housing section of the website.

1 Like

They did change Honors dorm from San Buenaventura to Maher from the Fall. There was a Honors zoom presentation a couple weeks ago.

Did your DD decide on a school? The outreach from USD about the process from now until they arrive on campus has been very reassuring and nice to experience as parents. Our son has had no second thoughts so far. Best of luck to your daughter wherever she chooses!

Not yet :(. We are still waiting on Johnson Scholar’s selections for Santa Clara and merit appeal from SDU. Odds are against both, but we just can’t move forward until we know all the costs. It’s been rough. Thanks so much for asking. I’ll definitely udpate!

1 Like