Fall 2023 admissions

OOS with 4.08 Cal state GPA. Got email rejection from CSUSM yesterday saying I don’t have “2.0 minimum GPA and/or min C- in every a-g course.” Neither is true. Could CSUSM have made a mistake, or does this mean I did something wrong on the cal state application?

I would check the CSU application to make sure all a-g courses were listed including Senior year courses in-progress and planned along with appropriate grades. Was there an error message with the A-G matching when trying to submit the application?

I checked. All listed and no error on submission. All a-g minimum years met. I probably won’t know what this is about until I talk to CSUSM admissions directly, I suspect. Thanks for the response.

Definitely contact admissions since this seems like a mistake.

Did you ever figure out what happened? My son got an email that he didn’t have the minimum grades required in all his A-G classes which was incorrect. They asked for his unofficial high school transcript which he sent. It’s now been almost 7 weeks since then and he hasn’t heard if he’s accepted or not.

1 Like

Yes, it was a mistake, confirmed with a call to admissions. He is still waiting for an admissions decision, though.