Fall advising?

<p>When does academic advising start for Fall? I just noticed that registration begins April 1… So I’m guessing it is soon.</p>

<p>My D had her advising appointment a few weeks ago.</p>

<p>Does your child know who is his adviser? My DD gets an email from hers reminding her to sign up on a sheet outside the professors office. I don’t know if she has actually done so, though :)) </p>

<p>I just asked and I’ll correct my " a few weeks ago" up-thread to almost 6 weeks ago. The e-mail to Culverhouse students telling them to make an appointment went out the last week in January. However, I think the different schools and departments may handle advising differently. </p>

<p>@ParkTN, your son is Engineering, correct? The advisors will pretty much clear your PIN at any point in the semester if you go to see them… I got the first express advising email (concerning Fall '14 advising) on January 31, about express sessions in early February. Ginger Hudson (former advisor for Ro-Z last names) just moved to A&S, and I believe they have hired someone new, but I am unsure as to whether that person has started yet. Therefore - get advised ASAP, especially since Engineering is going to get busy.</p>

<p>Bear in mind that if you don’t actually need to be advised but do need to have your PIN cleared, you can always email <a href=“mailto:coeadvising@ua.edu”>coeadvising@ua.edu</a> in a pinch. My hold was lifted that way. Yay for planning and flowcharts!</p>

<p>Bio major. I always see others posting about advising on this board long before the email from Bio dept arrives. But I knew it should be about time.
Thanks</p>

<p>I recently saw an email for A&S advising and prehealth advising appts</p>