Fall Bills are viewable

<p>Look on your myBama account. So Bama is a few days early.
Thanks to ShamrockDad for telling me.</p>

<p>The food plan wasn’t listed though.</p>

<p>Pay now (confirm your schedule) and the bill for the meal plan won’t be due until October if it’s not currently on your account.</p>

<p>If we pay the bill now, which confirms our schedule, will son be able to change his classes, since the math profs aren’t listed yet?</p>

<p>Thanks for posting this. I just went to look at our balance and the wording to pay by “Friday, August 5 2011, or your enrollment will be cancelled for Fall 2011” is a little ominous. :slight_smile: I guess we better just pay. Nice to see the NMF package in action with all those credits though. Roll Tide!</p>

<p>Yes, Montegut. You can drop/add as needed even after confirming your schedule.</p>

<p>*If we pay the bill now, which confirms our schedule, will son be able to change his classes, since the math profs aren’t listed yet? *</p>

<p>Yes…one doesn’t have anything to do with the other.</p>

<p>And…you can confirm without paying, too</p>

<p>Is anyone’s scholarship have a zero next to it? My son has the pres. scholarship and his bill has 0 on that line. The engineering one shows but not the other. I was really surprised when I opened the link and saw a bill for almost 15,000. And that doesn’t even include the dining hall plan. Anyone else in this situation.</p>

<p>hokiefan, </p>

<p>I just emailed UA, she said “Let’s look at your bill on Monday, when everything should be posted.”</p>

<p>DSs Presidential showed up but he is an upperclassman.</p>

<p>No, D’s scholarship is shown.</p>

<p>Maybe they haven’t gotten all of the info entered. These bills are supposed to be ready on Monday the 18th.</p>

<p>I would call now since it’s Fri. Hopefully you can speak to someone so you don’t worry alll weekend.</p>

<p>The Presidential scholarship is shown on our son’s account. </p>

<p>I had to call regarding our state tuition plan payments to UA a minute ago. They stated that the Presidential isn’t shown on many accounts and is being corrected as we speak. The meal plans will be posted throughout the weekend and all should be correct by Monday morning.</p>

<p>Thanks for the advance notice … appreciate all of you very much!</p>

<p>Just called and basically got the same response. They are still working on the bills and they should not have been posted until Monday. I guess I’ll be checking back next week. Gosh, the young lady who answered the phone was so nice and patient. Nothing like a little southeran hospitality on a Friday afternoon. I am so loving this school.</p>

<p>RTR.</p>

<p>Glad you got a positive response from UA. I bet you were a little scared at the original bill! </p>

<p>Thanks for mentioning that the meal plan would be included on Monday. I was about to pay the remaining amount on the bill but now I will just wait until Monday.</p>

<p>I think they aren’t completely done with the bill yet; parts are missing for me too(The engineering scholarship and the NMF stipend). Nice to see that they got the money from my outside scholarship, though.</p>

<p>Everything of son’s NMF and Engineering scholarships are posted. </p>

<p>Nice.</p>

<p>Entering freshman, and all my stuff is in, including PACT.</p>

<p>So… if my balance is negative, that’s what I’m getting back? I don’t feel like whipping out a calculator but eyeballing it, it looks like my balance is (-) what’s left after deducting meal plan, dining dollars, and all the various fees from my PACT (since housing and tuition are in my scholarship).</p>

<p>I know I don’t get my corporate National Achievement scholarship until September, and the people at UA said they’ll start my Merit/Achievement stipend a semester late because I won a corporate thing. But my federal aid grant’s not there – anyone know when those show up?</p>

<p>Edit: Well actually, there seems to be a $425 difference in the balance and the fees… I assume that’ll work itself out. And gracious, there are a lot of course fees, even for someone taking nothing involving math or science…</p>

<p>Just a word of caution to review the bill before paying. Son was being charged for two semesters of the meal plan, instead of one. Quick call to Student Receivables and they said they would see that it was corrected (may take a day or two) As usual when calling UA, the person answering the phone was very helpful and very courteous.</p>

<p>We paid the bill yesterday, so I guess we’re now legal and official.</p>

<p>Quick question: How do you know which items are tax deductible and which aren’t? (I understand some stuff is.)</p>

<p>Thanks!!</p>

<p>crazyinalabama: What’s PACT?</p>

<p>Thanks in advance!</p>

<p>cluelessincarolina :)</p>

<p>PACT…is the Alabama pre-paid plan.</p>