Fall Break Airfare - $200 roundtrip BHM to MDW on Southwest

<p>I know it’s really, really early to be thinking of this, but I just booked a $200 round trip fare for my S to come home fall break (10/4 to 10/7) on Southwest. If he doesn’t want to come home, I’ll cancel and get a credit for a future flight. Thought I’d share as I know there are a number of Chicago area students and prospective students on here.</p>

<p>It’s never too early to look/book, especially if you’re using frequent flyer miles. I’ve already booked my son’s return to Bama in the fall/flight back home for XMAS. I encourage everyone to post great fares to/from BHM when you discover them.</p>

<p>Great deal! So are there classes at all on 10/4? Wondering if I should book the 5pm-ish flight or could she take the 1130am one?</p>

<p>Thanks</p>

<p>Thanks Class2012Mom! Booked flights for my son, and save $54 on the flight I had previously booked for the end of the spring semester. Also booked flights for beginning of the Summer semester. All for $100 each way. </p>

<p>spring162, There should be no classes 10/4.</p>

<p>If you find difficulty getting an affordable flight, consider flying into/out of Atlanta or Huntsville. Many times, your student will have a roommate or friend heading in that direction, and perhaps can hitch a ride with him or her. Last year, my son bummed rides from friends heading to the Nashville area (also a SW stop), went out of Huntsville and saved some money.</p>

<p>I was wondering if anyone knows when Southwest will open November travel dates? And for that matter, December? I am assuming the sooner you book the dates, right after they open, the better airfare you can get?</p>

<p>^^^^^ not always, airfares are currently going up because of fuel costs, if costs come down, airfares may change…</p>