Fall break early?

<p>Since y’all have been talking about airport shuttles, I thought I’d take a look at the schedule, and imagine my surprise when I saw that the shuttles were occurring in the first week of October, not the usual last week of October as they have been for the last two years.</p>

<p>Is Fall Break going to be earlier this year?</p>

<p>If that’s correct, any idea why it was moved to an earlier time this year?</p>

<p>yes, it is correct. idk why, but someone else might.</p>

<p>i kinda like it better earlier.</p>

<p>Fall break was early during my son’s freshman year, October, 2009. Maybe the university likes to run things on cycles … a year or two in early October, then a year or two in late October. Sometimes it has been when there is an open date in the football schedule, too. </p>

<p>In my son’s case, he really does not worry about when it occurs, because he stays on campus, catches up on his laundry or cleaning, sleeps and studies. It’s too much money to fly home for a few days.</p>

<p>Yes, when older son was at Bama, Fall Break was at the beginning of October. </p>

<p>I think the chosen dates might have something to do with the football schedule. That may be the Bye Weekend. If so, that may be what influences when the break occurs.</p>

<p>Thanks so much for posting this. I had not looked at calendars yet so I assumed it was in late October. So much for school calendars ever lining up!</p>