Fall Schedule Question

<p>So, I currently only have 12 hours for the fall semester, but I am shooting for around 16. When I called the Honors College for an opinion, they suggested that I take an Honors connection for 1 hour and a level 300 Honors Special Topics Seminar. The only issue with this is my concern for the workload: seeing as I am taking Honors Bio 1, Physics w/ calc 1, and Italian 1 also this fall. </p>

<p>I am wondering what are some people’s thoughts about Honors Connection?</p>

<p>Also, does anyone know how the Honors seminar on Representations of the Human with Professor Godorecci is? </p>

<p>Thanks in advance for all of the help and input. I can’t wait for the fall.</p>

<p>I think Honors Connection is when small groups meet with Peer Mentors. If so, I don’t think you’d need that.</p>

<p>I don’t know anything about that 300 level class. Is that your only other option?</p>

<p>I’m not a huge fan of courses where I would be a mentee (being a mentor is a different story), but some people need/like them. Is it necessary to take honors connections? No, but you might enjoy it. There are other 1-credit courses you may enjoy more, such as a Common Book Experience or a freshman exploration course on a specific topic.</p>

<p>I haven’t heard about that specific 300-level course, but the Godoreccis (a married couple) teach Italian and have also started teaching some honors courses.</p>

<p>^^^^</p>

<p>Ahhh, I thought that was the spouse of the Italian prof. She’s great!</p>

<p>I agree with the suggestion of the Common Book Experience. :)</p>

<p>Wow…Dr. Maurizio Godorecci has awesome recs on ratemyprof</p>

<p>He and his wife have their PhD’s from NYU. </p>

<p>*His specialties include Medieval literature, Dante, Vico, modern and contemporary poetry, and critical theory. *</p>

<p>lol…he’s got a hotness pepper, too. (we may just have to peek at his pic…lol)</p>

<p>So, I have dropped the Honors Connection thing. As for the 300 level course, I am not really sure how to find out about the class. Any input on that realm would be greatly appreciated.</p>

<p>As of now my schedule is as follows:
Alabama Action
Honors Bio 1
Physics w/ Calc 1
Italian 1
Honors Seminar: Representations of the Human</p>

<p>for a total of 16 hours (4 through the HC and 4 honors subject hours). I am rather happy now.</p>