Family Relations

<p>I’m planning on applying to UCSD and my brother attends. I’m not a resident of california either and my GPA unweighed is only 3.5, SAT I’s in the 1800s, SAT 2’s both 770/800, and a crap load of EC’s. But does having family connections in the university help my chances to get in? (I realize i didn’t list all my credentials)</p>

<p>Not at all.</p>

<p>No legacies in public schools (except U Va)</p>

<p>Is it just me, or do the UCS not ask for ethnicities ANYWHERE on application?</p>

<p>They ask, but supposedly the race and gender is blacked out when the readers get the applications.</p>

<p>Also, its optional to put it in, although, in all honesty, if they wanted to know your ethnicity, your PS and name are more than enough to give a general direction.</p>

<p>Where does it ask? I don't see it lol</p>

<p>I don't know what PS is, but with the surname "Sullivan", who want's to guess ethnicity?</p>

<p>^Its more obvious with Asian last names. I fully expect a Latino or African American to have the last name "Zhang" or "Kwok" of course.</p>

<p>Can you guys tell me where this is? I'm afraid I'm missing a section...</p>

<p>I believe my daughter was identified as AA via PSAT's & SAT's. She has received emails and mailings suggesting some schools "know". I believe this is to increase URM applicant pool, but adcoms are blinded during the decision making, even with regard to names. There is a section on the app to apply for scholarships based on belonging to certain groups.</p>

<p>Do they see what scholarships you're applying for?</p>