Family Weekend 2012 is

<p>Sept. 21-23, 2012
[Student</a> Affairs | Parent Programs](<a href=“Family Weekend - Parent & Family Programs”>Family Weekend - Parent & Family Programs)</p>

<p>From what I’m seeing on the link, it’s already too late to buy football tickets and River Cruise tickets? I thought they were options that were open once you bought the package. Please enlighten me. We weren’t able to go the past 2 years and even the girls were looking forward to coming along :(</p>

<p>socal2bama: The site says that Family Weekend is still being planned. So when things are set, it will be updated with ticket information, etc. Alabama hosts Florida Atlantic in football.</p>

<p>I think the site has a mix of 2011 and 2012 information still. I remember seeing somewhere that family weekend packages would be sold beginning June 4, 2012 (or some early date in June.)</p>

<p>Of course it is the same weekend as homecoming at our HS. I guess I will have to farm D3 out to friends. She will be bummed she cant come with us.</p>

<p>Hotel rooms are already selling out for that weekend. The Capstone is $1,000/night!!! Got the much-less-posh Comfort Suites for $300/per night.</p>

<p>I was able to book The Candlewood Suites this morning for 10,000 Priority Club points plus $60 per night
Hampton Inn also was available for 30,000 HHonors points per night.
Really good use of hotel points.</p>

<p>I’m not finding reasonable hotel rooms available in Tuscaloosa for that weekend. Can anyone suggest hotels in other towns in the area that are decent and not too far away?</p>

<p>Hi Beth’s Mom - We normally stay in the Colonnade area of Birmingham…it’s just a couple of exits from Hoover, which is where I know I’ve heard others stay during Football games. We stay at the SpringHill Suites Colonnade. It is a new hotel and in a great area with the Summit Shopping Mall just a minute away and easy on and off to the expressway.</p>

<p>Hope this helps.</p>

<p>OOOPs forgot to add cost: about $95 per night, with free wi-fi and free hot breakfast.</p>

<p>Buzymom, is this where you will be staying? How long does it take you to get to campus?</p>

<p>I think football tix will be available for purchase if you buy a weekend pkg. Where are you seeing that the River Cruise tix are sold out? I wouldn’t think they are sold out yet.</p>

<p>M2CK - When I was skimming the link from above to get an idea the River Cruise tab had it on there. However, as noted before I guess the site is still indicating status from the 2011 weekend and not the status for the 2012 weekend. Time to get the family to make final decision, I’m going whether they come or not, not missing another year.</p>

<p>I really wish that my daughter would make a decision on where she is going! I don’t want to miss out on any of this stuff!</p>

<p>Spring Hill Suites Colonade very nice hotel. Stayed there when we visited UAB. So glad it’s the FAU game! Was hoping for that one!</p>

<p>We stayed at the Residence Inn Hoover last year. Very nice. Glad I checked this site. Was able to grab a room there for that weekend. Refundable and 97/night at Triple A rate!</p>

<p>Question: what do the family packages include when registering?</p>

<p>Question about football game tickets for Family Weekend - should we buy a ticket for our UA student - or will he already have a ticket?</p>

<p>Your student might have a tix, but only if he buys the “half pkg” that includes it.</p>

<p>But keep in mind, if your student does have a student tix, he won’t be sitting with you…students with student tixs have to sit in the student section.</p>

<p>If you want your child to sit with you, you need to buy him a tix.</p>

<p>Thanks…I just went back to the UA website to find out more about buying football tickets and it looks like you can only buy 1 ticket for family package purchased, so if you want to sit with your student you would need to buy a family package for him/her.</p>

<p>I always wondered how families could get their kids to sit with them. Even though son will have a full football package again next year, hopefully, I would like him to sit with us for this game. We do want to do the Roll Tide on the River also. Would buying the Family Package for him also be the only way we can be assured he sits with us?</p>