Family Weekend 2012?

<p>Based on past history, what’s your best guess as to when Family Weekend will be next fall? Do you think it will be for the 9/8 Western Kentucky game or the 9/22 Florida Atlantic game?</p>

<p>I believe they announced it as the 9/29 Ole Miss game.</p>

<p>Homecoming is October 27 vs. Mississippi State.</p>

<p>I don’t think Family Weekend is a SEC game…it never is…not enough seats to accomodate families.</p>

<p>It’s usually a non-conf game between Bama and a rather unknown school so that Bama has lots of seats to sell to families.</p>

<p>Since both Florida Atlantic and Western Kentucky fit that description, it’s hard to guess which one it wil be. Since there are two of these games in Sept, I’d guess it’s the later one.</p>

<p>That’s how I thought it worked (non-conf, not a high demand game) but I could swear I saw somewhere that was when it is. Of course I cannot find it now so I likely am just misremembering.</p>

<p>The later one makes more sense, since the kids will barely be dropped off and settled by the earlier date, but the date is probably not driven by what makes the most sense.</p>

<p>A few years ago, Family Weekend was in October, but then the schedule has been such that the dates had to be in Sept. One year it had to be the first Sat in Sept!!! because the other home game that month was Penn State and that was too popular of a game to be Family Weekend. </p>

<p>Personally, I like it to be after mid-Sept because the weather is often “just perfect” at that time.</p>