Family Weekend 2014

<p>Hi. We have a son who may be attending as a freshman next fall. We were wondering if anyone knows when family weekend will be for fall 2014? Thank you!</p>

<p>Family Weekend 2014 has not yet been scheduled. There have been thread where we’ve speculated on the date, but nothing official yet.</p>

<p>It will likely be the Florida Atlantic game. I would book refundable hotel rooms at this time, if you can still find any. If none available, start calling close to the cancellation time.</p>

<p>Looks like the schedule is going to be good next year. Bama had a good schedule son’s freshman year, and sadly, he didn’t have the Penn State/Florida package, so he missed those games and didn’t bother signing up for the donated ticket.</p>

<p>Word of advice: Sign up for a donated ticket for the games your son does not have tickets to. Many students do, in fact, donate their ticket, as they have neither the time nor the inclination to sell their tickets. Usually, if they can’t go to a game, it’s because they have other plans or too much homework, so it’s quicker for them to donate their ticket than put the effort into marketing it for sale.</p>

<p>Another nice thing that’s probably happening with the donated tickets is that upperclassmen are the ones generally donating, and they have lower level seating. My son has donated almost all his tickets, only being able to make one game, and he has lower level seating, so I assume that whoever gets his ticket also gets to sit in the lower level. Am I right about that?</p>

<p>That is great information, thank you so much. My husband was wondering because, of course, he saw the 2014 schedule and was curious to know which game he might be able to attend, haha. I will definitely try to donated ticket route and I assume we would be able to do that in the fall? Thanks again, so much!</p>

<p>Now, the donated ticket would only be for your student. He can choose to buy the package with Parents Weekend, but he would not be sitting with you for the game.
He would be sitting in the student section.</p>

<p>You would have to buy your own ticket, either as part of the Parent Weekend package, or through StubHub or another outlet. We’ve done Parents Weekend all four years, getting our nosebleed seats from the Parents Weekend package, but for senior year, we treated ourselves to lower level seats. </p>

<p>Besides the football, Parents Weekend is really a nice event, and I highly encourage all of you to attend at least one. Also, many of the Parents Weekends we’ve attended have been the first game of the season, which, regardless of the opponent, makes it really special, as the excitement for a new season is in the air.</p>

<p>Hope you have a wonderful senior year and have a great experience at Bama!</p>

<p>I do not think it will be the Florida Atlantic game. I think it will be a game on 9/27 that’s not scheduled yet. I would make reservations for multiple weekends as long as there is no cancellation fee.</p>

<p>Montegut - Yes, my freshman S has gotten donated tix to all of the games that weren’t in his package, and all of the donated tix have been lower level. All of his freshman friends have also gotten donated tix in the lower level.</p>

<p>I did not see 9/27 on the schedule. If there is a nonscheduled, nonconference game, that is in September, that will likely be the game.
Florida Atlantic was Family Weekend game last year, and I’m glad to see they’re playing Bama again.<br>
Agree with you, make cancellable reservations for nonconference, but early in the season, games, as those are more likely Parents Weekend games.</p>

<p>Glad to hear that freshmen are getting our upperclass donated tickets. Enjoy!</p>

<p>Thanks all! I made some hotel reservations and at this point already there was not too much available. I really appreciate all the advice and tips, there is so much to figure out and navigate. Thanks again.</p>