Family Weekend (Meet and Greet)?

<p>Anybody going to family weekend and/or any desire for a Meet and Greet? Alabama’s College Confidential site is the most active and helpful of all the College Confidential sites that I’ve visited. Just want to say thanks to everyone!</p>

<p>I’ll be there with my younger daughter and would love to meet some CC folks! And HersheyBear, I know my D has met your sons.</p>

<p>I won’t be in town that weekend, but had I known y’all would be meetign up, I might have planned to be! :slight_smile: My H and I will be visiting S over his fall break. Have fun!</p>

<p>beth’s mom,</p>

<p>Was your daughter in OA? The transition from high school to college seems to be going very smoothly thanks to people like your daughter.</p>

<p>I will be there, as will some of my family. I got to meet m2ck at Family Weekend 2 years ago (and several other times that year,) which was a fun experience. </p>

<p>I believe that the parents of current juniors met up before their freshman year started and had a great time doing so.</p>

<p>i will be there, though thats because im a student. i believe i have met some of the students on this page, or the children of some of the parents</p>

<p>HersheyBear, yes, they met at OA, and I think they have a class together also.</p>

<p>My husband and I will be there and would love to meet up!</p>

<p>We’ll be in Ttown for Family Weekend with 15yo in tow. We’re up for “oh, that’s you” gathering ;)</p>

<p>DH, 2 DD (older & younger sis) and I will be there. I loved the pre-AA/OA move-in get together 2 years ago, wow how its flown. I’d love to do this again. We arrive the 20th.</p>

<p>Any thoughts on a meeting place?</p>

<p>I vote we meet at the Post Office… ;)</p>

<p>In all seriousness, we would love to meet everyone from here! Which day and at what time was everyone thinking? Just trying to map out our schedule as I have a feeling it will be another whirlwind trip… :(</p>

<p>-Rob</p>

<p>Have they posted the game time yet? </p>

<p>My suggestion for meeting would be before or after one of the planned events…the tailgate, pool party, etc. or maybe at the TCBY on the strip sometime Friday evening would work? I think we need to wait to set a time until more of the details on the UA events are known…or maybe they are known and I just don’t know them :slight_smile: </p>

<p>We are arriving Friday in time for the Business school meet and greet reception at 3:30. I’m sure some of the other departments will do similiar events.</p>

<p>Roll Tide!</p>

<p>We will be there and would love an opportunity to put a face with a screen name! RTR!</p>

<p>Please include me. We will be coming for the weekend. I know my DS won’t want to spend much time with his parents, and CC has given us great clues to this “letting go” process. CC parent contact facilitated the roommate match.</p>

<p>Me too! We will be there and I would love to meet everyone…we are flying in late on Thursday.</p>

<p>I’m so bummed. We aren’t going for Family Weekend. It just seemed to close to drop off, plus the difficulty finding a hotel on a game weekend. I am planning a trip to visit on Columbus Day weekend. Anyone else going to be around that weekend?</p>

<p>Husband and I will be in town too. S is in the MDB so I doubt we will see much of him anyway!! Would love to meet the CC folks. Post when someone figures out a plan. :-)</p>

<p>We will be down also!! Along with son’s 2 high school sisters who joined us for move-in…pretty sure they fell in love with UA once they saw the softball field! I don’t think we will be in town until about 8:00 Friday evening, but count us in for the meet and greet! I need to personally thank so many for helping with the transition for my S…still holding my breath, but I cannot imagine that he won’t find his niche once he meets all of your wonderful kids!!</p>

<p>My wife and I will be at the TCBY (or open for other suggestions?) Friday at 8:00PM if anyone is interested in joining us. The TCBY is on the corner of University Blvd. and Campus Dr. West in the Strip area.</p>