Famous place for ribs?

<p>Well be touring Alabama tomorrow and have time for one meal while in town. I’ve heard there is a great place for ribs, but don’t know anything more than that. Can anyone tell me the name & location of this place? Thanks.</p>

<p>The two most renowned places for barbecue ribs are Dreamland and Archibald’s. Both have two locations - one older and the original but harder to find and one newer, easier-to-find location that may not be as good the original according to some.</p>

<p>Dreamland is located at 5535 15th Avenue East, Tuscaloosa (older location) and 101 Bridge Avenue, Northport (newer location). Archibald’s is located at 1211 MLK Blvd, Northport (older) and 4215 Greensboro Avenue, Tuscaloosa (newer).</p>

<p>Do you like a sweeter sauce or a more vinegar-like sauce?</p>

<p>Dreamland is more vinegary, while I know that Full Moon BBQ (on McFarland) is a sweeter sauce. Full Moon has fab desserts as well.</p>

<p>I don’t know the sauces of Archibalds.</p>

<p>Archibalds is my favorite but you’ll probably want a place to sit down and eat. I recommend Dreamland in Northport as it’s bigger and has a much broader selection of side items and such. The sauce is exactly the same as the original on Jug Factory. And I like it better since the ribs seemed to be cooked a bit longer as it’s not quite as busy as the original location. Plus it’s easier to find for someone not familiar with the area.</p>

<p>Thanks everyone, for the great info. I am printing out all the recommendations.
One thing for sure- we will be eating ribs tomorrow! ;)</p>

<p>My fav is Full Moon BBQ as well. I have tried Dreamland and for me, the ribs are just okay. Full Moon is YUM and has a fun football atmosphere with UA memorabilia on the walls and TV screens.</p>

<p>^^^</p>

<p>Yes, the Crimson Tide atmosphere is great!</p>

<p>I also like Wings U for that same reason…and because it also has good food. :)</p>