Fan recommendation

<p>D likes to sleep with a fan, both for the air movement and the white noise. She just uses a box fan at home but I’d like to get her a tower fan for the dorm room. However, most of them seem to be very quiet. </p>

<ol>
<li><p>Any recommendations?</p></li>
<li><p>I am assuming there are no housing restrictions. Know of any?</p></li>
</ol>

<p>Thanks in advance!
LL</p>

<p>We found these Allaire fans from Restoration Hardware and we love them…just wait until they go on sale for half off later in the season. They have a retro style and move tons of air. They make a similar noise to the box fan for a comforting white noise. They come in three different colors. We have these in several rooms in our home and D has one at college. We’ve used them for years…great quality fans. They work well for drying clothes.</p>

<p>Allaire fans at Restoration Hardware</p>

<p>[Allaire</a> Desk Fan Black | Fans | Restoration Hardware](<a href=“RH”>RH)</p>

<p>[Allaire</a> Telescoping Floor Fan | Fans | Restoration Hardware](<a href=“RH”>RH)</p>

<p>For a less expensive option, Costco has a plastic fan for about $39.00 that is also telescoping and remote control.</p>

<p>I just saw a small tower fan at Walmart yesterday that could sit on dresser/nightstand that may have enough of sound for her. Also DS has one of those small circular fans at UA that has option of base or clip on and they have that “wirring” sound and provide air circulation near his bed where he wants it. With the air conditioning it’s not like it is really needed for cooling the room. Walmart had a lot of different options and you could use the ship to store option.</p>

<p>Thanks for the recs! I’ll check them out.</p>

<p>White noise machines are pretty inexpensive too for when the weather cools off (around Christmas time)</p>