fans

<p>Do they need fans for Ridgecrest South? The a/c is on right away, right? I know some people they said for the noise, but S doesn’t really have an issue sleeping-ha ha. I figure the one less thing plugged-in in the better?</p>

<p>Glad you posted this…been wondering the same thing…the noise of a fan annoys me more than the noise of anything else, and it would be one less thing to buy and have take up space in my room.</p>

<p>My kids have never needed a fan in any dorm room.</p>

<p>The rooms are usually on the cool side. The one time I spent the night in Ridgecrest on a hot day, I had blankets on and was cold.</p>

<p>My son never needed a fan. His roommates set the AC on 68 or 70. My son was glad that he had his comforter and a couple of blankets.</p>

<p>lil bro bought a fan because he can’t sleep without one. But one is certainly not needed as far as room temperature.</p>

<p>My D is bringing a fan for the white noise factor.</p>

<p>Each super suite has control over their A/C.</p>

<p>A fan is something that my son does use. It keeps the sir circulating instead of stagnant and regulates the temp, you get a more consistent temp in the room. He prefers that and I also recommend an air cleaner, who knows when they cleaned the common duct work last?</p>

<p>My D never thought she would need a fan in the super suites, but one of her roommates was always cold and kept the suite very warm. After 2 weeks of her burning up, I ordered a tower fan from Walmart and shipped it to her. Everyone was happy! In fact, we have enjoyed that fan this summer, and will hate to see it go in two weeks!</p>