Farmhouse or dorm

<p>Basically I'm trying to decide on whether to live in farmhouse or a dorm. my number 1 pick for a dorm would be cary. If it matters I will be going into engineering. Thanks!</p>

<p>Personally, I would say live in the dorms. You will be a freshman and it is good to branch out and meet other people in your dorm. Living in the dorms is a rush tool too so you can help your brothers at Farmhouse once you become initiated.</p>

<p>Thanks! So if I were able to save money at farmhouse, would that change your decision at all or would you still recommend a dorm?</p>

<p>Depends how much you are saving and how you are financing your education. If you are taking out loans under your name without any help from parents then living at Farmhouse is the better choice obviously. If your parents are paying and are willing to pay a bit more then the dorms is the better choice. </p>

<p>I’m all out for dorms when it comes to freshman year because this is the time to be social and make new friends. You get a brand new clean slate so you can be the REAL you instead of the fake you in high school. There really aren’t any cliques so no need to worry about fitting in. Well from what I’ve seen… But try to live in the dorms your freshman year especially if you want to live at Cary which is pretty cheap…</p>

<p>Ok. Thanks again for taking the time to help me out.</p>