FasTrack

<p>Anyone in this program or have any experience that could share any insight? is it too good to be true?>???</p>

<p>I was a FASTrack student. It’s not too good to be true, although that was my mother’s response as well. I had completely eliminated the idea of going to Madison or any other major university, despite my great stats and hard work all through high school, because the scholarships I’d received were too small and my mother made about $15,000/year and I was in a single parent household. There simply were too many financial pressures to think of leaving home.</p>

<p>I was going to go to a tech school and live from home so I could help pay the mortgage as I had through high school, then the letter came from FASTrack and everything changed. All of my college expenses were covered, the financial aid award amount was enough to cover tuition, housing, and textbooks. It’s hard being from our income level at a school like UW though and I spent much of the first year or 2 extremely jealous of the privileges and extreme wealth other students had. Don’t try to keep up with them or you’ll find yourself in all kinds of credit card debt like I did.</p>

<p>Don’t squander the incredible opportunity you have in front of you. Do well in school, get involved on campus, and be the hope your family may already be looking to and proud of.</p>

<p>Just my two cents, from somebody who owes everything to the program. Good luck!</p>

<p>wow. thank you very much. i didnt know if i would ever be able to afford paying for college… ive worked hard just to be here, and all the hard work is now making it worth it!
Thank you to all the great people that make things like these happen.</p>

<p>Never worry about the socioeconomic status of other students. Your academics matter more than the clothes you wear or what extras you can afford. We all wish we could have everything, but what counts is the classroom in the long run, being able to buy the books you need, etc, is fantastic.</p>