FAU Direct Admit Nursing vs UF Traditional BSN Program

I recently got accepted to both FAU & UF but I’m having trouble differentiating which would be the ultimate best option in terms of nursing career. I know UF is intensely competitive when it comes to their nursing school, and that I have a guaranteed nursing spot in FAU, but I prefer UF over FAU. Would it be worth it to risk losing the spot at FAU to try your hand at UF? I’ve asked nursing students from different colleges and they’ve all said they’d rather not waste their time in worrying like they would for UF. Is FAU’s program really as competitive as their site says?

I think most students who have been down this path would recommend you take the Direct Admit spot vs the one that is not so certain. If you are definitely set on Nursing that is. My daughter has FAU as one of her last few schools she is considering. They have a good NCLEX pass rate and they are also a Holistic Nursing program so you can test to get your RN and your Holistic Nursing certification when you graduate. (for what that is worth) Once you have your RN, going to UF or FAU is not going to matter in terms of income. Your Nursing income/career will be the same no matter which school you attend. Most of the student feedback I have read on FAU, the students are happy with the program. As long as you are sure you want to be a nurse and like the Boca area, I would go for the Direct Admit spot.