Favorite Restaurants In Blacksburg?

<p>I'm in the process of compiling a list of favorite restaurants among Blacksburg residents, and was wondering if anyone here had any input. </p>

<ul>
<li>What are some of your favorite restaurants in Blacksburg? </li>
<li>What makes that place special and why do you like it?</li>
<li>If you had to recommend several restaurants to someone who had never been to Blacksburg before but was coming to visit for a week, what would you tell them?</li>
</ul>

<p>Any input would be much appreciated!</p>

<p>It’s not in Blacksburg, but just down the road outside of Christiansburg -
The Farmhouse Restaurant • 285 Ridinger St. • Christiansburg, VA • T: 540.382.4253 </p>

<p>They even have a website with directions:
[The</a> Farmhouse Restaurant](<a href=“http://www.thefarmhouseonline.com/]The”>http://www.thefarmhouseonline.com/)</p>

<p>My wife’s family’s favorite restaurant while she went to school at VT, and as of last summer when we took D2 to tour the school, it’s still there and as great as ever!!</p>

<p>Bull and Bones. Its expensive. But its definitely the best</p>

<p>On this subject I believe I may be the site’s foremost expert. Oh where to start…</p>

<p>It really depends quite a bit on what you’re looking for of course. For a good steak the best place is Bull and Bones. Like nick said it is expensive, but very, very good. The house beers are mediocre though.</p>

<p>If you’re looking for pizza I think the best place is PKs. The price are good, the pizza is great and so is the atmosphere. It’s where my dad would usually choose to go when he’d visit.</p>

<p>For a burger you have to go to River Mill. Actually for anything go to Rivermill. You can get a buffalo burger with the best tater tots ever (GET THE TATER TOTS) for like $7. The regular hamburgers are pretty good too, but I’m a huge fan of the buffalo burger.</p>

<p>For pasta I’d say the Cellar is the best place. Their stuffed ravioli is great. If you’re 21 there is also hammer time, but if you’re 21 you likely already know what that is.</p>

<p>The best sandwiches are at Sycamore Deli, and second place isn’t even close. If you get the Churchill you’ll be taking about a month off your life, but that’s a crappy month at the end anyway and it’s totally worth it. Kind of pricey for a sandwich but you get a ton of food; usually enough for two meals if it’s something that warms up pretty well like the meatball subs.</p>

<p>If I were entertaining someone for a week other than eating on campus a couple times to expose them to West End, I’m make sure to visit Rivermill, Sycamore Deli and the Cellar. All are within extremely easy walking distance from campus and relatively cheap. There are a ton of other restaurants around Blacksburg and if you can name it (and it was there a year ago) I’ve probably eaten there, so just ask.</p>

<p>edit: OH. I can’t believe I forgot, but if you’ve got a car you HAVE to drive to Catawba and eat at Homeplace. Basically it’s all you can eat home made food. You choose two meats from fried chicken, ham and roast beef and get a ton of sides like mashed potatoes and vegetables and stuff. You get so much food it is ridiculous, they just keep bringing it out until you stop eating/die. Go with a decent sized group (3+, the more the better) for the best experience.</p>

<p>PKs isn’t a place I’d go by yourself to get a “great” pizza, but with friends it’s tough to beat because it’s pretty fun with a big group. Pizza’s solid college pizza, and if you go on Thursday (I think) you can get 1/2 off or free pizza with their special Tijuana Toss or whatever they call it.</p>

<p>Along the lines of pizza…people seem to be insane for Pokey Sticks from Gumby’s. They’re not as addictive as crack as some people might tell you, but it’s probably something you should try.</p>

<p>Poor Billy’s is probably the “best” sushi…but it’s overpriced and not worth it to be a regular spot to eat. It’s a cool place to chill after late tests like physics or whatever if you just want to treat yourself to something “nicer”. For the price, the University Mall’s Sushi Factory is pretty close.</p>

<p>Big ups to Opass Tea + Crepes in the University Mall; really great bubble(boba) tea that you should definitely try! The crepes are pretty good too.</p>

<p>Also near the Umall is Macado’s. It’s a pretty unique place that’s good for friends too. Pretty solid desserts with an average restaurant menu; check it out at least once because it’s definitely something else.</p>

<p>Not in Blacksburg, but worth the trip, is The River Company in Radford. [The</a> River Company Restaurant and Brewery](<a href=“http://www.therivercompanyrestaurant.com/index1.php]The”>http://www.therivercompanyrestaurant.com/index1.php)</p>

<p>Great for when the parents are paying, according to my kids!</p>

<p>Well, relatively great pizza I guess then. Much better than Pizza Hut/Dominoes while still in the same ‘genre.’ If you’re looking for something out there like white pizza or Mediterranean pizza the cellar has that too, but I guess I’m more of a boring guy when it comes to that. </p>

<p>The deal with Pokey Sticks is that they deliver them really late and are manna from heaven when you’re drunk. That’s about as far as those things go though. Get the garlic dipping sauce.</p>