FBINAA Youth Leadership Program

Yeah I’m nervous about that too. It’s hard because a lot of my extracurriculars are canceled or didn’t really happen this year!

No way! I’m applying through Washington as well…what are the chances? Well that’s a bit of a bummer but good luck! :slight_smile:

Oh wow no way! Well that’s unfortunate but I hope we both at least make it through the application part! What high school do you go to?

Definitely, that would be great! And maybe we will both get to go but on different years. That would be awesome. And I live on the east side of the state, over by the Idaho border. Do you live in Seattle?

Yes that would be really great! That’s nice I’ve never really been to the eastern side. I live in a city near Seattle called Sammamish.

You may not know this, but do you happen to know how many people got through to the interviews from Washington last year?

Woah! You guys are both in Washington. Ive never been, Im just chillin here in Miami. But as for the program I don’t know anything about the interviews in either state. But do we know if it is going to be inperson or through a zoom meeting of some kind.

Oh yeah! I used to live in Seattle so I know the area. And honestly, I have no idea how many people got through.

1 Like

Hi Lena!! I went through the thread and I am kind of in the same boat. I am also applying from Florida. I am seeing a lot of due dates, but I thought it was either the 12th or 15th of February, so I hope I didn’t miss it. I was wondering if you had any guidance for me, if I did not miss the application date. I have been working on it over the past month, but am feeling very overwhelmed and confused.

Hii! When I first found out about this program I immediately emailed our YLP Chapter (for Florida) his name is Doug Muldoon. He gave me the application and answered my questions. I’m assuming you have the application already correct? If so yes the application due date is February 12th. Other than that if you have any more specific questions you can definitely ask me.

Hi!! Thank you so much for replying. I found an application for this year online, but I also reached out to him just to make sure I had all the correct forms. I finished the essay and everything. Do you have any further insight on what comes next after we submit our applications, such as interviews or anything else?

No, I don’t really know much more information about the interview or selection process. This is my first year applying and there is not a lot of information out there as you can tell. I probably have all the same questions as you do as well as the same feelings of confusion and being overwhelmed. I know that my responses haven’t been very helpful. I’m sorry. I do wish that I had more information because I really want to get into this program and you probably do also. So I guess if any of us find out more information maybe we could all just share. :blush:

Hi everyone! Have you guys submitted your 2021 applications yet? I just did, but in my state is it not due until the 25th.

I also just did! And i actually already found out I made it through to the interviews! Have you guys found out yet?

Hey, I submitted my application yesterday (the day it was due for me) cause we were having trouble finding my transcript. I haven’t heard anything back yet though. How long did you wait from when you submitted it till you heard back?

It took about four days. And good luck to you!

I submitted it two days ago and heard back within a day. But I think the guys from my chapter replies fast.

1 Like

Has anyone else heard back yet about their application? Also, does anyone know the types of questions they might ask in the interview or have tips on how to prepare? Thanks!!

yeah i heard back yesterday actually
im NOT SURE (lol im a first time applicant) but i believe they’ll ask you questions about leadership, your contributions to the community, why youre applying, stuff like that
i think the best way to prepare is probablyyyy like just look formal and calm and dont get thrown off if you get asked something unexpected
hope this helps!

1 Like

omg lol i also find it rlly funny like three ppl in this thread are from washington?!?!? im from washington too haha