FBINAA Youth Leadership Program

oh crap, missed this :frowning: I hope it went well!
I haven’t had mine but in general, I’m pretty sure any usual interview advice applies to this one too: dress professionally, look confident, be respectful.
Know why you are there and consider why they would want you.

its okk, mine was nothing like I expected I thought it would be like a job interview and stuff like what is ur greatest strength what is ur greatest weaknesss tell us abt urself sorta stufff but it was nothing like that

huh interesting :thinking:

Could you describe the interview? maybe just walk us through how it felt and what it looked like, or examples of the questions?

so i logged on like 10 mins earlier cuz like i wanted to seem punctual and then three officers came in and we did some intro stuff and then he told me he was gonna ask me 10 questions and by the end of the week he will tell me who out of the 8 is selected. i dont remember very clearly what they asked but it was like what is criminal justice, what is ethics, what is the role of police, how did u find abt this, when was the last time u showed leadership, what are ur morals and values that sorta stuff i answered really fast so it went by quick, just be honest and answer what u think…i dont think they asked anything abt my essay and stuff…but other than that i just kept sweating the whole time with a big smile on my face.

BY THE END OF THE WEEK omggg good luckkkkkk!!
thank you so much for sharing!

ofc, always here for help!!!thank you! and good luck lemme know how yours goess

1 Like

thanks!! it might sound weird but i actually dunno when im having mine ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Thank you so much. This is definitely useful information. Good luck!

Thanks for sharing your experience!! I’m glad it went well and good luck on being selected!

I just finished my interview and it was literally the scariest thing ever omg

wait really?! uh oh now i’m scared! what was the scariest part for you? do you think it went well though. good luck!!

Sorry I didn’t mean to make it seem super scary. They were actually super nice. I’ve just never really done an interview before and some of the questions were like really really hard. When is yours? And you’re from Washington right? Because the panel was very nice.

Oh haha don’t worry about. Ok so yes I’m from Washington too and I had my interview and it wasn’t that bad, like you said they were all very nice it was just kind of stressful cause there was a whole panel there and ya some questions definitely surprised me. I just tried to stay calm, I’m not really sure how it went but at least we don’t have to wait very long cause I think we find out on Monday.

Yeah definitely. Well, I’m glad it went well and best of luck! :wink:

Sorry lol I realized it turned my smile into a wink. I was just doing the “:” “)” but must have hit the semi-colon instead. Sorry, I just don’t want it to seem like I was trying to be mean or anything! :blush:

Oh no problem haha! Thank you and same to you good luck!! :grin:

1 Like

Hello! My name is Morgan and I am applying from the Florida chapter! Has anyone in my state gotten their interview yet? I only submitted my application about a week before they were due so I’m really nervous. Good luck!

Hi Morgan!! I also applied from Florida and have not heard back yet either. As for if it is too late to hear back, I have no idea. If you’d like, send me a DM, I think it’s great to meet others applying from the same state :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello Kendy! I just got this so I don’t quite know how to DM you but I’m glad I’m not the only one just waiting for an application! Let me try to DM you!