Federal Aid?

<p>After submitting my FAFSA, it was estimated that I would receive some grants, loans, and maybe some work study. Should any of this be listed in mybama under the Financial Aid Award link? If not, when do we receive information on this?</p>

<p>I have the same problem.
I am assuming that they will let us know at a later date.</p>

<p>If you qualify for federal aid, you will get an award package soon. If you qualify for grants (like Pell and maybe SEOG), those would be in your pkg.</p>

<p>Pell is an entitlement; if your EFC qualifies, you get it - no matter what! SEOG is more limited, so it’s unknown who will get it and how much. </p>

<p>If you qualify for loans, you’ll get those, too. If you qualify for work-study, you probably will get that as well.</p>

<p>Remember, though that scholarships get applied to need first.</p>

<p>Did either of you get awarded merit scholarships?</p>

<p>I got the presidential scholarship…
I am really hoping for a departmental scholarship, but I know that is unlikely since I heard they are normally given to people with lower merit scholarships.</p>

<p>^^^</p>

<p>What is your major? What is your EFC?</p>

<p>My EFC is 1500
My major is Biology.
GPA: 3.85
ACT: 32 R 35 E 35 M 28 S 31 </p>

<p>Although I am majoring in biology because of a planned pre-med track, I applied for the STEM path to MBA program. I want to make myself well-rounded and as qualified as possible, so I have things to fall back on if med doesn’t work out. </p>

<p>Do you have any idea if there is additional costs for the program? I know it is an extra year after undergrad. I am worried about what it will cost, and if my presidential scholarship will cover any of the extra credit hours.</p>