Federal verification worksheet in financial aid to do?

<p>My to do list was empty for a while but that just popped up. Just wondering if it happened to anyone else.</p>

<p>Bumping up</p>

<p>Also, do we mail this to the IDOC or Cornell?</p>

<p>I just noticed I have that listed, too, but I’m not sure how long it has been there.</p>

<p>I spoke to FinAid about it for my Ds account.</p>

<p>You complete it and mail it to Cornell or you can scan and upload it if you have that ability. Do not send it to IDCO.</p>

<p>Basically it is showing up now because FAFSA has said they need it for verification.</p>

<p>Did you find the correct form Significa? I see Verification forms for the 09-10 school year but not for 2010-11.</p>

<p>Here is a link:</p>

<p><a href=“http://ifap.ed.gov/vgworksheets/attachments/1011VerWkshtsIndJan19.pdf[/url]”>http://ifap.ed.gov/vgworksheets/attachments/1011VerWkshtsIndJan19.pdf&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>Cornell Financial Aid sent me the form, but the form at this link is the same form.</p>

<p>thanks. I just found that, too, but I imagine I need to fill out the dependent student form. I’ll search for that.</p>

<p>shoot, I didn’t even notice that.</p>

<p>here is the link for the dependent form, which is what most will need.</p>

<p><a href=“http://ifap.ed.gov/vgworksheets/attachments/1011VerWkshtsDepJan19.pdf[/url]”>http://ifap.ed.gov/vgworksheets/attachments/1011VerWkshtsDepJan19.pdf&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>I just checked my to-do list and I don’t see anything.</p>

<p>Hmm, so upload it to Cornell. Seems simple enough, sending a huge tax return is going to be annoying though >_></p>

<p>well you have to send your tax return no matter what. Everyone has to send tax returns. If you are a returning student, your tax return needs to go to IDOC. If you haven’t sent your forms to IDOC yet, then send the verification sheet with your other forms to IDOC, if you are a returning student</p>

<p>Hmm, I was suppose to mail the 2009 tax return forms (Which my parents just received). If I submit them with this form, will I still need to send the 2009 tax return forms separately to them?</p>

<p>I’m just mailing them the copy of our taxes and the verification form all together in the same big envelope.</p>

<p>@significa</p>

<p>hard to answer your question without more info. are you returning student or incoming freshman?</p>

<p>If you are a returning student, forms need to go to IDOC. You can send the verification worksheet with the other forms and taxes to IDOC. they will send everything to Cornell. You will not have to submit any taxes again.</p>

<p>In our case, we had already sent everythign to IDOC before FAFSA notified that we needed to complete the worksheet. Cornell FinAid said just to mail to their processing center or upload. Additionally, they confirmed that even though the form says to send taxes, that they already had them, so no need to send them again.</p>

<p>Hope that helps.</p>

<p>Hey, </p>

<p>I was accepted ED and already received my FA package under the condition that the information and predictions used when submitting the CSS profile and other FA apps in November were all correct. I recently submitted FAFSA and nothing has changed significantly, all of my estimates were in proper range. </p>

<ul>
<li>Do I have to mail them my parents’ 1040 forms? Now that they’ve completed their 2009 taxes?</li>
<li>Do I have to complete that verification form? </li>
</ul>

<p>I don’t really remember being asked for either of those things, and I already sent in the 2008 taxes when applying in November.</p>

<p>You definately need to send in 2009 taxes. Everybody does. The aid package you received was based on 2008 tax returns. As long as 2009 tax returns are similar, your aid package won’t change. But you do need to send in the 2009 forms. The sooner you send them in, the sooner you will get your final aid package.</p>

<p>You only need to send in the verification form if requested.</p>

<p>From the cornell website for freshman or transfer students. (early decision). This is what you are supposed to do after you receive your initial aid letter.</p>

<p>Step 4: Finalizing your Aid Package
•Send parents’ 2009 signed federal tax returns to Cornell’s Processing Center. Please include all schedules and copies of actual W2s.
•Send 2009 signed student federal tax return and W2s to Cornell’s Processing Center. If not required to file, please submit a signed non-filing statement.
•Complete the 10-11 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online
items are due May 1, 2010.</p>

<p>Step 5: What’s Next?
•Complete the verification worksheet if you were selected for federal verification
•Sign your loan promissory notes & complete Entrance Counseling online in July
•Research and apply for any alternative loans in July
•Mail any outside scholarship notifications to the Office of Financial Aid and Student Employment
•Start your on-campus job search in August</p>

<p>Ah, I’m a incoming freshmen. I haven’t even been accepted yet though :o</p>

<p>Anyway I have to send a copy of my 2009 tax return forms (for fin.aid) + the verification form (Which requires a copy of the terms)</p>

<p>My question was whether or not I need to send them twice (Once for fin.aid and once with verification)</p>

<p>Sorry for the confusion and thanks for your help usafa :)</p>

<p>you just send them once is all</p>