Fee-waiver for UC schools

<p>ok. so iam really confused.
iam an out-of-state student and my family income is like $28500 (size: 4)</p>

<p>i thought iam definitely qualified for the fee-waiver.</p>

<p>but it said that i wasn’t.</p>

<p>The site said:
If you feel you were denied in error, you may re-apply on paper via the following methods:</p>

<p>High School Students:
Use the College Board fee waiver. It is available from your school counselor.</p>

<p>Does this mean that i have to re-apply via mail the whole thing again/ or does it mean that i just need to send the collegeboard fee-waiver by mail??</p>

<p>Iam stuck and i need help. thz a lot.</p>

<p>College Board offers a fee waiver for the UC application?
I got a fee waiver for the UC application, but my income was around 20,000.</p>

<p>well, college board doesnt specifically have one for Uc schools/ but can i just use the common College board fee waiver.</p>

<p>wait. so do u think that i should apply and send the fee-waiver by mail. If they don't accept fee-waiver, can i just not applying there anymore(by ignoring it) or do i still have to pay the money??</p>

<p>Send in a fee waiver to each school. If they don't accept it, 1) you can pay or 2) they'll throw out your application.</p>

<p>thz a l0t. dude. </p>

<p>mine is the collegeboard one. i hope it works.</p>

<p>is the fee-waiver online or do i have to mail it?</p>

<p>TheBlackLantern- it depends. Put your income down on the app. On the last page of the submission process, you can ask for a fee waiver. In like two seconds the UC will tell you if you got it or not. If not, you can mail in one and hope they accept it.</p>

<p>my family makes less than 13,000 (size of 4). do you think i will get it? i havent finished writing my personal statements yet.</p>

<p>I think you will. Why do you wait to this minute when you are a poor student? You should be better more proactive on the finanicial aid application later. For now, try to finish your app before 9:00 PM PST tomorrow. I guess the website will be busy after that time.</p>

<p>Hold on u guys. </p>

<p>On the website. it says that one the application is submitted, we are expected to pay the fees for all the campuses even though we decide to cancel any campus at a later date. </p>

<p>Does it mean that if my fee-waiver is not accepted, i still have to pay for it. Can i just ignore and cancel it or something/
I mean , UCLA is not my top-choice. i live in Dc ( so far away). and i don't want to waste $70.</p>

<p>YAY I SUBMITTED. the online worked for me.
"Why do you wait to this minute when you are a poor student?"
i am lazy haha. i finished my dartmouth application the day before it was due</p>

<p>u guys. iam asking a serious question here ????</p>

<p>^im having the same wonders... somebody help us out~</p>

<p>oh hey look wat i found in UC website</p>

<p>What options do I have if I'm denied an application fee waiver or if I prefer to use a printed authorization?
If you feel you have been incorrectly denied a fee waiver through the online application or prefer to use a printed fee waiver authorization, there are several other methods you can use to apply for a waiver. You must meet the same income and family size guidelines regardless of the method you use. Return your fee waiver authorization or request with the bill for fee(s) you receive from the University.
arrow
High School Students: Use the College Board fee waiver. It is available from your school counselor.
arrow

EOPS Community College Students: If you are enrolled in Extended Opportunity Programs and Services (EOPS) at a California community college, obtain a fee waiver authorization from the EOPS office.
arrow
Other Applicants: Qualified students may obtain a UC fee waiver authorization at a UC campus Admissions and Relations with Schools or EOP office. When requesting a fee waiver authorization, be prepared to answer questions about your gross family income and family size. If you are unable to obtain a UC fee waiver authorization due to time constraints, attach a letter to your billing statement requesting consideration for an application fee waiver, stating your gross family income and the number of family members supported by that income.</p>

<p>yeah. iam using the Collegeboard fee-waiver. </p>

<p>but wat i meant was that, what if this collegeboard fee-waiver is still denied, will i have to pay my fees?// Or can i just, ignore and cancel it????? </p>

<p>I really dunt want to pay $70. coz UCLA is not my top-choice, furthermore, my chance is kinda weak..</p>