Fellows essay word count?

<p>Hi All
DD is finishing her Fellows essay’s and we have been unable to find any notice of a word count limit on the application.</p>

<p>I remember reading that the word limit was 4000, but then that the essay had to be a few hundred characters less than that.</p>

<p>Can someone please let us know exactly what the word count needs to be? She has spent hours writing and rewriting. I think that she would explode if she had to revise them again. lol</p>

<p>I believe it is 4000 characters and not words.</p>

<p>4000 words!!! who wants to read all those! that is like 4 term papers!</p>

<p>LOL OMG SOOOO sorry…I did mean to write characters not words. Could you even imagine reading that much? </p>

<p>I think DD would cry if I told her she had to revise again. She has written 5 different esssys. Nothing was ever good enough. Now we are done!</p>

<p>Can someone post the Fellows essay prompts? I need to review my son’s essays. I don’t remember what the prompts were and he’s not home to tell me. </p>

<p>I think we parents should have a party after the 14th! I am so tired of proofreading!</p>

<p>its says 3900 characters on my computer. Not a major difference but it’s a sentence to cut.</p>

<p>And I agree on the Finished Fellows Applications party!</p>

<p>LOL I totally agree…hey I just received a PM with some great advice and I’d like to pass it on.</p>

<p>It was suggested that once the app is in that we let the kids take a break from all things essay and college related at least until the Holidays are over.</p>

<p>I think that this is a wonderful idea and one that I am going to TRY to embrace. LOL It may be easier said than done, but I am going to try. I know that DD has to finish her CBHP essay, but that can wait until after the 1st.</p>

<p>I am ready for an application completed Party!! Count me in-</p>

<p>This is my last application PERIOD! I’ve been saving the best for last :)</p>

<p>Just wanted to pass this one. DD emailed Ms. Bridgers regarding her essay, she was a little nervous after I told her about some people having problems with the word count. I saw both of her essay word counts and they were 3881 and 3884 respectively.</p>

<p>When Ms. Bridgers emailed her back she told her that her essay was cut off!</p>

<p>So she was kind enough to reset it and sent D a nice email and DD resent the essays…but the word count was the same. Waiting to hear if all is correct. It does seem like the platform is a bit glitchy. Makes me really nervous.</p>

<p>Wanted to pass this on. Now instead of being excited that it’s all in, she is nervous about the essays being cut off.</p>

<p>Probably should have asked this before, but who is the audience who reads the Fellows essays? Are they read by one than one person, or screened by one individual and then grouped in categories?</p>

<p>Buzymom2 - my son’s essay was also cut off. Word said he had 3888 characters, the app said he had over 3900. I think the difference was that the app was counting each space at the end of the last paragraph line as 1 for every position until the end of the row. My son wound up editing his essay in box until he got close. It took him 5 tries of save and don’t submit before we retained his last words. Here’s hoping that’s what actually went through. At least it’s done!! A few tweaks to his CBHP essay this weekend and then it will be a bigger celebration in our home than the Iron Bowl win. Seriously.</p>