Fellows Recommendation

<p>I see that 'bama will accept a GC recommendation if you don’t have the 3.8 gpa. What should the rec say? S has the two teacher recs and the regular GC rec that he didn’t use for the 'bama app. I’m thinking it should be more focused on the fellows stuff, right? I’m sure the gc won’t be too excited about writing another one, but maybe he can tweak it a little bit. Wonder if they will accept the teacher recs as well. I’m sure they are really good and it is a shame not to use them.</p>

<p>*What should the rec say? *</p>

<p>The rec is just a simple…</p>

<p>I recommend this student, ______________, to be invited to apply to The University of Alabama University Fellows Experience program. </p>

<p>___________ has been an exceptional student at ___________ high school and has been involved with ___<strong><em>, </em></strong><strong><em>, and </em></strong><strong><em>. He has a </em></strong><strong><em>weighted GPA and a </em></strong> SAT score. </p>

<p>(Some other sentence or two about the student could be included here.)</p>

<p>I believe that he would be an asset to the Fellows Program.</p>

<p>_________home address is:</p>

<p>Name
Address
City, State, Zip
Phone</p>

<p>Sincerely,</p>

<p>XXXXXXXX, Guidance Counselor </p>

<p>___________ High School
Address
City, State, Zip
Phone</p>

<p>That sort of thing. A lengthy rec is not needed. Some schools even like it when the family pre-writes it and emails it to the GC so that he/she can just copy/paste onto school letterhead and send. LOL</p>

<p>Tx M2CK,
That should be doable.</p>

<p>This is unrelated to the rec but has to do with the UFE app (I didn’t want to start yet another thread)</p>

<p>One of the prompts fot eh UFE is nearly identical to a prompt from the UHP. I said some things about myself that I would like to also include in the UFE essay, and I don’t want to change the phrasing because I’m very satisfied with it. Would it be okay if I repeated some of the information from the UHP essay for the UFE prompt? Or will they look at both essays and just think I was lazy by using parts of the UHP essay for the UFE essay?</p>

<p>^My son asked this very same question of the UFE staff. The answer was:</p>

<p>You can use the same phrasing and all the parts of the previous essay that you want to use. Nobody’s going to frown on that. But they suggest that you address the UFE program specifically, so the two essays shouldn’t end up being exactly the same. It’s obvious to everybody that the two essay prompts are very similar. So logically, the two essays will look similar in parts.</p>

<p>Good luck to you! :)</p>

<p>The UFE and the CBHP essays will be very carefully considered, so content and quality are very, very important. Appropriate length is important, too.</p>

<p>The content and quality of the UHP and IHP essays do not have to be at the same level or length. These last 2 are really just intro’s about yourself.</p>