Fellowship Program

How much different is this than the Honors College? Is scholarship $$ and the opportunity to travel abroad to study the draws? We are deciding whether to take the time to apply. My son has been accepted to UA and Honors College and was awarded the pres.scholarship and engineering scholarship. Not decided yet on Ole Miss, UA or MSU.

Thks

If you are referring to The University Fellows Experience, it is a much more select group of students. There are very few, 8-10 I believe, Academic Elite Scholarships given within this group of students.
More information can be found within the Honors College website under the “Programs” tab.

Honors college is huge. Thousands of kids and they don’t really have to do anything extra. UF is a handful of kids and they do extra-circular stuff.

UFE is about community service and leadership. Not every Fellow gets extra scholarship money, so I wouldn’t think scholarship money and the ability to study abroad (which everyone has) are the draws. I think if you’re interested in making a difference in your community, leadership, and the opportunity to be mentored and part of an accomplished group, it’s worth applying. If you just want extra scholarship money without those other interests, I wouldn’t bother.

That is what I kind of thought. Thanks for the feedback.

<<<
opportunity to travel abroad to study the draws?

[QUOTE=""]

[/QUOTE]

students don’t have to be in Fellows or even in the HC to have many many opportunities to study abroad.

@raven2016

Since your son is an eng’g major, he should look into the Computer Based Honors Program. That is another elite honors program that also has some merit money.