Fi 389

<p>Has anyone taken FI 389 (or have a child who has taken it)? It’s currently listed as a TBA for the spring, but there has only been one teacher (Hoseong Kim) for this course for the past few semesters and the few ratings I’ve seen for him are as bad as they come. I’m wondering about the format of the class and how difficult/time consuming it is. Adviser recommended the dreaded FI302 and FI389 together, which didn’t seem like a great plan to me.</p>

<p>There are only 2 responses (ratings) for this professor on Rate My Professor. This is not a representative sample. I would not prejudge a professor on 2 ratings, either good or bad. Often students who do poorly in a class will rate the professor badly, which may be the case here. One of those ratings even said that the class was hard and that the final was worth 40% of the grade. This is NOT at all unusual, and should be expected for an upper division class.</p>

<p>As FI 389 used to be have two professors assigned for each section, it is quite possible that there will be another professor assisting Dr. Kim next semester. Professors should be listed in the next couple of weeks.</p>

<p>FI 389 covers a lot of material and as such, can prove challenging for some students. Dr. Kim is extremely helpful and does his best to speak clearly so students can understand. By listening to the lectures, taking time to study the material, and doing the homework and practice problems, one can do very well in FI 389.</p>