Filled up classes

<p>I had a really late registration and there are a few classes that I wanted to take but they're all full. I talked with my advisor and he said that students usually drop courses on the first week of classes. What are the chances of that happening?</p>

<p>I wouldn’t count on it. Make sure you have backup classes.</p>

<p>Speak to the professors of the courses you are trying to get into. Express your interest in the class and generally they will add you.</p>

<p>I had a late registration as well. I noticed right after we could register today that a lot of classes capacity were increased. I suppose this is to make room for those of us that were unable to register until today. If there is something that you want that is still full, just keep checking Howdy especial next week as people add/drop.</p>

<p>I see. Thanks</p>

<p>One word of caution,expressing interest in a course generally does not get you into classes here. You will need to find a slot open on howdy. The add/drops have already begun - there are also courses that require professor permission based on previous courses, so that starts the ball rolling as people get approved for those courses they drop their backups(mine just did that this week).</p>

<p>Sometimes your adviser can “force” you into a class that’s full. This happened with my D. I don’t know if this is common or not.</p>