Final choice: Wisc or Rhodes?

<p>Posting this in the Wisconsin, Rhodes and College Admissions threads.</p>

<p>I’m interested in studying Poli Sci. Have narrowed it down to a big state school (Wisconsin) and a small liberal arts college (Rhodes). Visited and like both. Cost would be about the same. I’m interested in maybe going to law school later on, but not fixated on it.</p>

<p>Which would you choose? How do you think they compare academically? I know law schools look at grades and LSAT, but do you think either school would be better in the eyes of law school admissions people? Thanks!</p>

<p>Believe me or not, I actually been to Rhodes ... by accident. I was driving to a corporate retreat @ CBU, got lost around Mid-town and thought I found "the place" when I was lured by the beautiful and serene campus. This is definitely one of those places where one can fall in love on first sight... OK, enough of that. </p>

<p>Obviously UW-Madison and Rhodes are world apart. Big vs small, mid-west vs mid-south, etc etc. I know polisci department in UW is among the best but many Rhodes graduates go to professional schools (law, med etc) and gainfully employed. So, I am really curious what led you to applying both schools. I think the keys for decision lay there. </p>

<p>There are enough info on this forum about UW-Madison so I will give you some reality check on Rhodes (just for reference). First, CBU (Christian Brothers) and U of Memphis grads probably have the upper hand in local/regional job market. Outside Memphis area, not many people have heard of Rhodes. But, you can easily make that up in your resume with some good internship experience with household brands like FedEx, AutoZones International Paper etc. I don't know how rigorous Rhodes is to say if it will be an asset or liability - check which law schools their grads have gone to. I just know UW-Madison doesn't look bad. ;)</p>

<p>Again, I think you somehow already know the answer. Do some soul searching.</p>

<p>I was/am in the same situation with a small school versus Madison. In the end, I've decided that I cannot let myself pass up the opportunities that Madison has to offer. The large campus and number of students will provide experiences that I do not believe attainable anywhere else. But just like dallas said, you already know, so do what's best for you.</p>