Final Decisions - Postponed Students

<p>westlund2 - it seems that there may be a reason your dad wants to call? It is possible there may be a good reason to contact admissions, but if that is the case, I would think it would be better for YOU (or perhaps your guidance counselor) to make contact than a parent. Just my 2 cents.</p>

<p>^^ I tried calling my counselor 2 weeks ago. The people in admissions pretty much told me to bug off.</p>

<p>I would just like to point out that good test scores do not always determine weither or not you get into a school.</p>

<p>I just found out today that I got into UW, after being on the postponed list for 2 months.</p>

<p>I got a 1690/2400 on my SATs. However, I sent in multiple letters, met with my admissions counselor, called the admissions office once a month, and kept my grades up (All A’s and one B for 5 APs). If you show that you are passionate about going to the school, they get the chance to see who you are as individual instead of being defined by a standardized test </p>

<p>If anyone is curious, my weighted GPA is 4.13 and my unweighted GPA is 3.67</p>

<p>SO HAPPY TO BE A BADGER!</p>

<p>soccerules
congrats!
About what is a 1690 as an ACT score?</p>

<p>Congrats! Good luck to the rest of you waiting.</p>

<p>Initially postponed, now accepted!! (As of this afternoon)

• showed strong upward trend from jr. to sr. year grades – helped to nullify lower GPA during 10th and 11th grades
  • continued emphasis on extracurriculars</p>

<p>[Westlund2] - A score of 1690 is about the same as a 25 on the ACT.</p>

<p>I got in after being postponed but DGAF</p>

<p>GPA: 3.6 W
SAT: 1990 (710 W, 650 R, 630 M)</p>