Final MT Decisions Background - Class of 2024

@intheburbs Congrats on the UNCSA decision. Great story–thanks for sharing! Best of luck!

@intheburbs Loved reading the story!! Sounds like the perfect place for your daughter!!! :smile:

congrats @intheburbs , it sounds like you and your D are a wonderful team. Best of luck to her!

@intheburbs - love the story. I bet our D’s met in Chicago. Mine was also at the 8am Sunday UNSCA audition (not called back), and the later Pace audition (called back). She wasn’t admitted into either, but really like the experience and the schools. Best of luck to your D, and sounds like she made a great choice.

@intheburbs Congrats! What a great story . I love that each story is so unique.
UNSCA has an amazing program .

Congrats @intheburbs ! What a wonderful outcome and great story - thank you for sharing!

Congrats and thank you to everyone who is sharing their stories! These posts are my favorite on CC.

@intheburbs - I read your story and it was affirming to find a few parallels between our D’s. Both being deep feelers, late starters in MT, and particularly the experience of finding connections with schools where you’ve read negative feedback and having weird/lack of connection auditions at schools others seem to connect. It sounds like your D truly ran her own race and gained a deeper understanding of who she is as an artist. That’s really all that any of us can ask for as parents coming out of this crazy process.

Congrats @intheburbs! So glad your D found the perfect place for her! What a wonderful story!

Congrats, @intheburbs! Such a fun story!

@intheburbs Congrats! I think our Ds might’ve crossed paths at the BW audition :smiley:

Thanks for all the kind support. There are still days I catch myself thinking how did this all happen, how did we get here! But CC was definitely one of the reasons we were able to even consider this process since we don’t know anyone who’s done it before and I’m sure our close friends and family thought we’d lost our minds. They wouldn’t exactly be wrong!

@NYYFanNowMTdad @rickle1 @CaMom13 @onette @BoogieMa and everyone thank you! I’ve met so many wonderful, kind parents and kids at the auditions and here as well. I’m so glad my D gets to continue to be a part of this community and I get to continue to cheer on all these wonderful artists as they grow over the next few years.

@BloomingGirl TPAP is magical and I’ll be forever grateful she was/is able to be a part of it.

@Sitzprobe yes we learned a lot about doing what works for her, given who she is and what she wants and it has served her well. I left out 90% of the drama she endured! Sending good vibes for you and yours!

@StanfordAI2019 it would have been fun killing time with you at Pace! It was a long one. I loved hearing what they had to do for the movement call, I think they had to move like wind or something. Lol

@mtrose2024 we were at the OC BW audition, is that the one?

@intheburbs Yes! I believe our Ds met at the dance call

@mtrose2024 Oh nice! That one was fun! I could hear the kids cheering each other on.

Congratulations @intheburbs !

Wonderful outcome, @intheburbs!

@intheburbs Thanks for giving me permission to not be brief. Our story is not like yours, but interesting (and long) in its own way. Congrats. Hopefully we will be able to share soon. Still waiting on some aid numbers.

@Jasklo lol, I left out most of the juicy details! Can’t wait to hear your story! Almost there!

@intheburbs Congratulations! My jaw dropped when I was reading the part where your D transferred to the performing art school going into her senior year. Wow! You are such a strong and supportive mom and made a perfect team with your D!

Ha! I edited mine down (way down!) to make it fit into one post because I was afraid everyone would be bored out of their minds. :blush:

I love all the detail in these posts and I hope people don’t try to edit themselves down to a single post if there is more they want to say. I found these posts invaluable last summer. I’ve already drafted most of mine in Word (waiting on some financial details before a final decision), but I can tell you it’s not short!